Our Company is one of Africa's largest and longest-established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. We source, supply, store and distribute the oil and gas products needed by consumers, businesses and maritime operations across sub-Saharan Africa.
Downstream Financial Controller
Assist divisional Downstream Finance Department Manager in all their controls and tasks for Oryx Energies SA related affiliated companies. The two main aspects of the position are controlling of the subsidiaries and preparing monthly reporting.
Support an ongoing process to improve Downstream coordination and integration.
Under the supervision of the Downstream Finance Manager, the candidate will participate and contribute to the following key tasks:
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all statutory accounts, management accounts and annual financial statements of the downstream affiliates.
- Liaise with subsidiary finance manager and accounting department to ensure accurate reporting by line of business.
- Analyse financial performance of subsidiary, report performance analysis to his hierarchy as well as business managers
- Producing financial consolidation, and issuing of monthly and quarterly financial reports, including analytical reviews and KPIs.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances of the according affiliates.
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process of affiliates under his responsibility.
- Ensuring the follow up of the capex and consolidate fixed asset register.
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Liaising with consolidation officer during quarterly closings.
- Review and maintenance of an appropriate documentation of the Internal Control System.
- Managing controlling project upon request.
- Being second liaison with Auditors during interim & final statutory audits.
Key working relations:
- Finance Managers in Subsidiary
- Finance team based in Geneva,
- Business Managers in Geneva and in Subsidiaries
- Other departments in Geneva (Business Line, Technical, …)
Know how and experience required:
- Master degree in Finance and Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience– experience of trading or emerging market environment would be a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS, Swiss GAAP) and procedures.
- Experience in consolidation of subsidiary companies.
- Knowledge of petroleum industry is a plus.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Strong computer skills, particularly on Excel and on others Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Sage and HFM would be a plus.
- Business trips: 15% up to 20%