Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 14 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. With industry-leading assets and technology, Novelis produces the highest-quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in high-value markets including automotive, transportation, packaging, construction and printing.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Novelis operates in 11 countries, has approximately 11,500 employees and reported revenue of approximately $10 billion. The Sierre site with 540 employees operates a number of production lines as well being the home of a global research and development center.
Sr. Forming Specialist (100%)
We are seeking for immediate hire or by arrangement, for our Global Research and Development Center based in Sierre, a Sr. Forming Specialist (100%).
Core Responsibilities :
- Lead innovation projects on formability and fracture/failure analysis
- Provide expertise in the field of sheet metal forming and develop understanding of the link between material properties (mechanical and surface) and its behavior in the press
- Support to the Novelis EU development group and Customer Solution Center
- Lead cooperation with university and working groups of the forming EU community (EFB, VDA...)
- Review literature, patents and academic work on forming technologies and implement new standards and methodology in our labs
Your profile :
- Master or Ph.D. degree with professional experience in stamping (press shop)
- Deep knowledge in sheet metal forming (steel or aluminium), auto structure design & performance (crash)
- Experiences in FEM modelling of the forming process is an advantage
- Excellent skills in a multicultural teamwork
- Fluent in English and German; French is an advantage
Novelis offers you :
- A job opportunity with the worldwide leader in technology and sustainability in the aluminium processing and recycling industry
- Many advantages of a global leader, such as attractive salaries and benefits
- Open cooperation and short decision-making processes typical of a company with an international culture
- Development opportunities throughout your career within the group