This position is action-oriented and proactive and requires a fast learner. You'll work with the Geo team, which is spearheading a project to improve developer documentation and education, focusing on cohesion, freshness, findability, and engineering velocity.
-Write documents for internal users and processes.
-Create well-written technical documentation for engineers, such as architectural overviews, tutorials for software developers, debugging guides, API programming guides, and more.
-Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others.
-Coach engineers to improve their writing skills.
-Manage large and complex documentation projects, collaborate with engineers to create content, and drive a culture of documentation in various engineering teams.
-Respond to technical questions from engineers about the subject matter that you documented.
-Produce clear and succinct educational materials on the web for developers
-Write, manage and edit docs for engineering teams and drive active contributions from engineers themselves.
-Make sure the content addresses engineers' specific needs regarding domain ramp-ups, data migrations, launch calendars, more.
Technical Writer, User Documentation (f/m) - Zürich
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. In lieu of degree, 2 additional years of relevant work experience creating technical documentation.
- At least 3 years of work experience with technical documentation.
- Proven track record of researching and writing effective documentation for developers, including architectural overviews and programming guides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex technical concepts and communicate them to a technical audience.
- Experience using developer tools and version control systems would be a plus.
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams
- Good design sense.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- ***A portfolio demonstrating core technical writing skills is a must requirement.
We offer you a nice challenge at one of the most exciting companies in the world. Our client has been identified multiple times as Fortune Magazine's #1 Best Place to Work and as the most powerful brand in the world. Our client has also been named as the most visited website on the Internet. Don't miss it! Next to a fix salary you will gain from nice fringe benefits offered by our client. Start date: ASAP for 12 months with possibility for extension. About Spring Professional
Advance your career, find a job that you love or discover a new opportunity for professional growth – we believe in these goals and work every day to help you achieve them. Spring Professional is a subsidiary of The Adecco Group specialising in temporary and permanent placement of qualified professionals.
Find out what we can do for you. Apply for this job, or for one of over 500 other vacancies at Your contact
Frau Katarzyna Krajewska, Key Account Manager, looks forward to answer your questions by phone +41 58 233 4580.
You can apply directly online.