Senior Data Engineer-GLO00091 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the
world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and
over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a
responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
What is this position about:
RMG (Risk Management Group) plays a critical role in enabling Cargills trading and risk management capability,
strengthening our risk culture, and leading the following:
- Preserve value through pre-emptive identification of risk and by bringing a holistic perspective of market risk to
improve risk estimation
- Evolve Cargills risk-reward mind-set and enhance earnings through unique and timely risk insights
- Partner with the businesses and functions and deliver best-in-class risk expertise
- Provide meaningful portfolio visibility to support an integrated operating approach
- Attract and develop top talent for Cargill
RMG is an integrated organisation made up of three teams: Enterprise Risk, Market Risk CoE and Credit Risk COE.
The Senior Data Engineer will lead the data, analytics, digitalization and technology product portfolio for RMG. This
position will use their analytical, programming and technical capabilities to deliver mature data products and
collaborate with RMG subject matter experts and Global IT to build technology to support this. Emerging data and
technology trends are an important aspect of this role through experiments using pilots and prototypes followed by
wider deployment where successful. This position is a key partner to enable the RMG teams extract meaningful insights
from data to better enable our Business Group and Functional partners to make risk decisions.
The focus of this role is on both tactical and strategic solutions required for the RMG strategy. A key component of
this position is the end to end data management, business intelligence processes and reporting capabilities surrounding
the technology as well as the integration and alignment of RMGs technology solutions with internal Cargill Corporate
and Enterprise technology and processes. .
This position requires creative curiosity coupled with a team approach to achieve ways of translating high-technology
ideas into new ways to impact the bottom line. In addition, the partnership between this position and the risk teams
will be critical for successful technology implementation. Key to the success of this position will be a courageous and
innovative approach to problem solving, deep engineering curiosity, comfort with ambiguity and imperfect data, and
excellent communication skills. Individuals who possess a self-motivated working style with attention to detail will
thrive in this environment and culture.
Practical business knowledge in the areas of market risk management and/or derivatives are strongly preferred but are
not a minimum requirement.
What you will bring to Cargill (Required)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience data / software engineering in a complex corporate enterprise
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience applying languages like Python and Scala to data problems
- Experience with Big Data technologies, such as the Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining data pipelines
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end analytics systems and architectures
- Experience with the Agile methodology and DevOps concepts
- Demonstrated continuous learner who explores and recommend new technologies and paradigms to serve the needs of the
- Independent thinker willing to challenge the business and team members
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to communicate and influence priorities with stakeholders
- A demonstrated history of strategic thinking and tactical problem-solving in a complex corporate environment
- Global travel might be required, up to 20%.
What you will bring to Cargill (Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of fundamental statistics or advanced mathematics
- Experience designing an information architecture
- Experience with the Cloudera distribution of Hadoop
- Cloudera Certified Professional Data Engineer or similar industry certifications
- Ability to operate in a complex trading environment
- Practical experience in derivatives and/or market risk management
- Practical experience in physical commodities
- Experience working in globally-distributed teams
- Experience navigating complex IT organizations
- Experience with employing Textual Mining and/or Machine Learning models in the analytics stack
What we Offer You
We will provide a dynamic, stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your
talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with excellent career development opportunities in one
of the largest private companies in the world. The position is based in Geneva.
Interested? Please send us your CV in English today.