"Richemont owns some of the world's leading luxury goods Maisons,with particular strengths in jewellery, fine watches and premium accessories.
Each Maison represents a proud tradition of style, quality and craftsmanship and Richemont seeks to preserve the heritage and identity of each of its Maisons.
At the same time, we are committed to innovation and designing new products which are in keeping with our Maisons' values, through a process of continuous creativity."
We are currently recruiting a Legal Counsel for a temporary mission of 6 months as of September 2019. The Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and assistance to various Maisons and entities of the Richemont Group predominantly in the area of distribution and general commercial/contract law.
• Provide timely and results oriented legal advice and support on a wide variety of matters across all lines of business to teams of the Richemont Maisons.
• Respond to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions.
• Negotiate, review, comment on and draft a wide variety of legal and commercial documents, including manufacturing, distribution, franchise, license, and consultancy contracts with third parties.
• Work in close cooperation with a variety of Richemont entities and with the support functions of the Richemont Group and teams, and liaise with and manage external counsels.
• Swiss bar admission highly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in providing legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters in an international environment. A combination of private practice and in-house experience would be ideal.
• Experience will include commercial/contract law and in particular distribution law. Proven drafting and negotiation skills are important.
• Solid grasp of the principles of law and an ability to adapt work quickly dealing with different tasks also in fields of law where your experience may have been limited so far is essential.
• Strong team player with excellent project management and communication skills.
• Fluent in both English & French. Other languages, in particular German, are beneficial.
• Result and business oriented, open-minded, excellent analytical and organisational skills with the ability to work in close cooperation with others - both internal and external lawyers and non-lawyers colleagues.
• Good command of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
• The opportunity to join Richemont International SA for a fixed 6 months period.
• You will be part of a small team of a Head Counsel within Group Legal that deals with a number of subjects including Maisons commercial/contract work that varies from negotiating wholesale/retail distribution, manufacturing and supply agreements to sponsorship, partnership and license agreements or customer related matters.
• We believe in facilitating transactions and projects in a way that minimise intrusiveness in what our Maisons believe is the optimal outcome. Your work will be organised accordingly always taking into account the potential risks involved for the Maisons and the Group.