Senior Manager, Medical Affairs Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Job Category:
Medical Work Location:
Bndliweg 20, Postfach 8048 Organization:
Medical Affairs Employee Status:
Full-time Job Type:
The Senior Manager Medical Affairs is part of the Medical team and provides a bridge between clinical research and the cross-functional Team. This position provides operational and scientific input to the all professional functions and also manages communication-, scientific and/or medical education projects in alignment with the agreed European & Swiss strategy. As an active member of the cross-functional Team this function takes the pro-active approach to build up and shape the future of the Multiple Sclerosis Team in close collaboration with the local Medical Director and cross-functional Team (including Business Unit Director, Access and Regulatory).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Skills / Knowledge Required :
- Lead the Multiple Sclerosis medical affairs team in the Swiss affiliate;
- Oversee all local medical affairs projects and trials;
- Responsible for the local success of the therapeutic area and ensure the relevance of local projects for Switzerland and their alignment with the European strategy;
- Provide proactive input in the strategic medical and marketing management;
- Share knowledge and technical expertise with other team members;
- Develop and implement strategic direction within the therapeutic area;
- Set up strong scientific collaboration with scientific experts and external organizations in therapeutic area(s) of interest;
- Collaboration in cross-functional teams and in formulating and implementing medical strategy;
- Develop and design of medical information materials and presentations;
- Answer medical questions on products;
- Provide training to field representatives and other internal staff;
- Evaluate and profile potential investigators/sites to participate in clinical development studies and supervise the performance and progress of clinical trials;
- In case of initiated by Healthcare Professionals requests related to investigator initiated trials (IITs) provide information, navigate the approval process and assist with advise and expertise;
- Participates and collaborates with international Medical Affairs Team;
- Lead planning, execution and reporting of key medical projects (e.g., Advisory Boards, communication events, Satellite Symposia, etc.);
- Support the Regulatory team and Market Access team with scientific advice as needed in their communications with stakeholders on regulatory and reimbursement matters for Celgene products at any registration stage and indication.
About Us COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
- Medical degree or master's degree in Pharmacy, Biology or in other relevant scientific fields;
- Minimum 5 years' business experience required in the biotech- and/or pharmaceutical industry, preferable in the Swiss market;
- Preference given to persons with extensive experience in the Multiple Sclerosis field;
- Excellent understanding of commercialization process and clinical development;
- Knowledge of molecular biology and pharmacology;
- Excellent skills in interacting with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong computer skills required, specifically Windows software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Fluent written and spoken German, English, French;
- Strong identification with Celgene's values.
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions. "At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.