The Material Planner (m/f) will be responsible for planning, analysis and coordination of material purchases to achieve agreed production, customer service, inventory and purchasing objectives, whilst minimizing total cost to the business.
Material Planner (m/f)
Our client is a global corporation focusing on the luxury segment of consumer goods with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. To strengthen their supply chain operations, we are exclusively recruiting for a Material Planner (m/f).
As a Material Planner (m/f) your core purpose is to make the suppliers agile and reliable to satisfy customer/consumer needs in a way that does not burden plants with unnecessary inventory. You will be ensuring the timely and accurate flow of chemicals and components into the plants and contract manufacturers globally. The responsibilities of the role holder include the following:
- Analyze and action direct procurement purchase requisitions in order to support finished goods production plans and maintain finished goods supply.
- Negotiate as necessary with vendors to ensure required delivery dates are met. Communicating any bottlenecks internally primarily with supply planning and other related departments.
- Balance supply with demand by managing exceptions/alerts: Expediting purchase orders to protect service requirements and de-expediting orders to manage inventory.
- Communicate accurate delivery information in SAP by enforcing supplier purchase order confirmations and supplier ASN (Advanced Shipping Notification) compliance.
- Liaise with planning teams globally to advise any changes to the supplier delivery dates.
- Conduct regular DELFOR reviews with suppliers to help identify any potential supply issues in the future.
- Check planner parameters are correct and up to date.
- Control the quality notification process and blocked stock, including SAP task assignment, returns, rework and supplier charge backs globally.
- Work with freight forwarding companies, to ensure appropriate method of shipments is carried out, for overseas component deliveries.
- Implement phase out/phase in procedure to ensure efficient management; minimizing excess/obsolescence.
- Maintain accurate records regarding excess/obsolete materials and action destructions where necessary.
- Identify opportunities to increase agility with supplies.
- Manage cancellation charges with suppliers (liability orders).
- You have an academic background with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- You have at least 3 years of experience in relevant supply chain functions (material planning, production planning, inventory planning and/or supply planning), preferably in the consumer goods or relevant industries (healthcare and life sciences, food/beverage, chemicals, luxury, etc.).
- You are customer-oriented and you have the capability to build/maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem-solver.
- You are ambitious, open-minded and hungry to learn.
- You are self-driven, change savvy and you like to challenge the status quo.
- You are fluent in English at a Business level, other languages such as German and French would be an advantage.
- You have an excellent understanding of ERP systems (SAP APO/ECC is desired), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The global nature of its work across multiple regions and brands, functions and channels, will provide a fertile ground for mobility and career growth.