Tornos Group is one of the global leaders for the development, production and distribution of Swiss-type automatic lathes and multi-spindle machines. The company’s history dates back to 1880 and marked the beginning of Swiss-type lathe technology. Tornos primarily manufactures CNC Swiss-type (sliding headstock) turning machines, multi-spindle machines with numerical or cam control, and machining centres for complex parts requiring high precision.
Headquartered in Moutier, Switzerland and maintaining a global sales and service network, unique solutions are supplied to customers in dedicated market segments such as Automotive, Medical and dental technology, Micromechanics, and Electronics.
To complete our Global Supply Chain Management team based in Moutier we are seeking a Procurement Planer (m/f):
Ensures timely availability of products and components within its commodity group according to the sourcing plan
The Raw Materials Planner has “apply” level production planning functional skills. This role looks after the procurement of raw and diverse materials by converting the output of the production plan into daily/weekly material requirements. He/she will ensure the availability of the right quantity of components to the production lines when needed; communicates the plan to suppliers within the agreed lead times. The Raw Material Planner’s output optimizes the flow of materials, while considering the site’s warehouse capacity and inventory targets. As well as the responsibility for eliminating potential disruptions in the storage area and for minimizing storage cost and potential excess and obsolescence.
- Ensuring all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements (confirm P.Os.).
- Liaising with the suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal partners until issues are solved.
- In partnership with Sourcing, tracking and reporting site level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions due to material challenges.
- Working with QA and warehouse staff regarding rejected/defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a
- prompt return of goods or disposal.
- Managing potential abrupt deviations to the plan; assesses the feasibility of the changes with suppliers, rapidly highlighting to the affected internal
- stakeholders when changes are not possible.
- Liaising with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints to handle inventory levels within agreed targets.
- You are responsible for delivering the Rough Cut Capacity Planning (S&OP) processes for material suppliers.
- Effectively partnering with all internal and external business partners.
- You will constantly look for continuous improvements of the process supported.
- Leading and executing material phase in phase out processes
- Develops and maintains structured working procedures and tools
- Validation of material demand and escalation of doubtful cases to sourcing team
- Undertakes all required measures to ensure on time deliveries
- Maintenance of master and process data in relevant systems, e.g. SAP Maintenance of close follow-up of order book with assigned suppliers
- Active participation in improvement initiatives, e.g. cost reduction, process improvements etc.
- Provides management decision making information to buyer and management