EMEA Middle Office Commercial Analyst (CA) - GENEVA
Overview of Vitol
The Vitol Group is one of the largest independent energy trading groups in the world and operates through a global group of companies. Although mainly a physical oil trader, the Group is now broadly based - with active trading operations in gas, coal, power, non-ferrous metals, derivatives and sugar. Essentially, we trade energy: we create markets for fuel products; we deliver cargoes, safely, onspecification and on-time; we provide extensive terminal and storage facilities; and we engineer innovative financing structures to the benefit of our customers. Through the Vitol Foundation, we are also active in charitable funding to benefit severely deprived children in Asia, Africa, Latin America and CIS. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today the company has nearly 50 offices worldwide - with its largest operations in Geneva, Houston, London and Singapore.
Who are we?
It isn't ships or terminals or cargoes that create our success: it's the calibre of our people. Being a global business, they come from all over the world and represent a vibrant mix of different nationalities, educational backgrounds and life experiences. In fact, today, people from around 60 different countries work for the Vitol Group, all around the world. They continue to build our reputation as a leading player in the energy markets through their creativity, commitment, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Futures Desk handles trading execution (futures / Options) for the Vitol Group on various exchanges (Nymex, Ice) and with focal markets in Oil, NatGas & Power. The CA position is a key entry-level role, reporting directly to the Futures Execution Traders of Vitol SA based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Futures Desk CA will have responsibility for:
- Be a member of a Middle Office Team based in Geneva and working very closely from a front office team composed by several Traders.
- Daily Interaction with the Futures Execution desk, which is centralising and optimising a world wild Futures, Options and sometimes swaps flow.
- Become the safety net of the team by controlling each single order placed on the market (NYMEX and ICE). Track and spot any execution error and invite traders to correct their trading strategy in reactive and timely manner.
- Top Day trade entries in our software.
- Manage Futures contract expiry, the starting exposure, calculate and confirm the live exposure through the day up to the final one.
- Daily Singapore and European Price windows publication.
- Provide worldwide traders an end of the day Recap of their volumes and averages grouped per trading strategy.
- Cross-offices (Singapore, London) Interaction with Traders and their assistants to answer queries and for potential investigations.
- Options assignment/exercise.
- New product or contract settings as per their specs, in coordination with the IT team.
- T+1 trade Reconciliation versus clearer statement.
- Trade Break resolution, interaction with various clearers.
- Trade Close out/PnS.
- Monthly Cash Flow to optimize Futures, options currency (EUR/GBP) exposure.
- Daily Margin Calculation, reporting, confirmation and payments.
- Regulation reporting (MIFID and REMIT).
- Broker permission settings, commission reconciliation and invoices payment.
- Project development to improve our internal software via interaction with our IT team or via self-development on VBA macro.
- Various reporting (Commission, Volumes, Initial Margin Statistics).
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent academic record, probably in an analytical discipline, Graduated a plus but not a must.
- Min 2 years' experience in trading environment.
- English as a mother tongue being ideal, French a plus.
- Confident with figures and keen to learn more on Oil Futures and Options
- High level of accuracy and attention to details needed.
- VBA script writer/Debugger necessary.
- Can work under stressful environment.
- Can work quickly and is multitask.
- Be ready to work in shifts.
- Sense of priorities and do the extra mile.