Sourcing Manager EU
© 2016, UCB Biopharma SPRL.
All rights reserved.
August 29, 2019 - Location: Bulle, Switzerland (20 min from Laussane, 40 min from Fribourg)
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Global Procurement department, based in our manaufacturing site in Bulle, Switzerland (20 min from Laussane, 40 min from Fribourg), we are looking to fill the position of: Sourcing Manager .
Do you have an agile mind that enjoys being analytical? For UCB, you are an agilytical' person. This innovative blend of talent means you are able to swiftly apply forward thinking for the good of patients.
As a UCB 'agilytical' person and Sourcing Manager you like to work in an environment where you can:
- be the primary point of contact for internal customers based in Bulle for defined ranges of products (including raw materials and laboratory supplies);
- lead sourcing projects, in Bulle and other areas, with a primary focus on Manufacturing supplies in direct purchasing
(raw materials) and consumables.
As a UCB 'agilytical' person and Sourcing Manager you will contribute by:
- Sourcing and running competitive bidding in line with the Global Procurement in order to extract maximum value for the company.
- Performing internal and external analyses.
- Harmonizing/ refining specifications: translates products and process redesigns into savings.
- Analyzing the market.
- Setting up bidders list.
- Handling full RFI / RFQ process.
- Performing commercial analysis of bids (Total value of Ownership methodology including risk analysis).
- Negotiating and following up contracts with suppliers.
- Handling the relationship with selected suppliers and implement a risk management and supplier evaluation approach.
- When and where appropriate, you will challenge internal demand (make or buy decision, demand management: etc.).
- Building solid relationships and trust with your colleagues, your business stakeholders and the suppliers in your portfolio.
The geographical scope is both local (Bulle, Switzerland) and global. As part of the sourcing team for Europe, you might be requested to work on sourcing projects in other areas then your primary focus ones.
For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Master's Degree in a Major Discipline (ie. Engineering, Business, Economics, Law) - or equivalent experience.
- A previous experience in a similar position (3 to 5 years), preferably in a GMP environment, is mandatory.
- Demonstrated affinity with commercial issues and good negotiation skills.
- Persevering, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, combined with a strong sense of responsibility, ethic and flexibility
- Strong team player.
- Capable to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities within established timeframe.
- Execution: ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to deal with a multicultural environment.
- Analytical and numerate.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) & e-sourcing tools (ARIBA).
- Languages: fluent in both French and English (writing and speaking).
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.