Intellectual Property Junior Legal Counsel
Location: Vevey, Switzerland
Company: Société de Produits Nestlé
Min. 5 years' experience in IP
Fluent in English and Mandarin Position Summary
Nestlé Group Legal is looking for a talented Junior IP Legal Counsel to join the Brand & Marketing Properties team. Over its more than 150 years of history, Nestlé is home to exciting global brands, like KitKat®, Nespresso®, Nescafé®, Purina®, Nesquik® and many others. The candidate will work in an international environment with colleagues coming from all over the world. In close collaboration with Senior IP Legal Counsels and other departments in Nestlé, the candidate will develop trademark and copyright protection and enforcement strategies, online and offline, to support Nestlé Strategic Business Units (SBUs). A day in the life of...
What will make you successful
- Be part of the product creation process, from idea to launch, in one of the world's top multinational and work with Marketing, R&D, Corporate Communications, Regulatory and other teams to bring products to the market;
- Support Brand strategy by defining Brand IP protection and defense strategy according to Business priorities
- Analyze search results providing opinion regarding availability for registration or use Advise the Business on trademark, design and copyright issues and manage trademark and design portfolios in coordination with the Business
- Work with the Business to manage trademark and copyright aspects of advertising, promotion and packaging materials
- Provide best in class management of IP related conflicts such as oppositions, pre-litigation and litigation matters, working in close coordination with our network of in-house IP experts and external law firms around the world. Work with Senior IP Counsels in the negotiation of disputes with other top multinationals
- Negotiate license agreement and assist in M&A projects acquiring or divesting IP portfolios
- Be part of a highly skilled in-house IP team, participate actively and contribute to the various knowledge-sharing initiatives, working and competence groups.
- University degree in Law & legally qualified lawyer;
- At least 3 years of experience in a Law Firm with strong IP practice
- 2 years' experience in a company, preferably in the trademark & copyright team
- International exposure, particularly in Asia
- Experience in the protection and enforcement of digital assets
- Excellent level of English and Mandarin; Spanish and French a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player and strong organisational skills
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.