The Medical Science Liaison Senior Manager will be in charge of engaging with the wider surgical and medical community and act as a scientific resource to educate, train, advise and support on product up-comings and uses of technologies and devices provided by the company.
Our client is one of the global leader within the cardiology field investing a lot in developing innovative technologies.
* Provide clinical training and guidance to customers to ensure effective usage of the company's product portfolio.
* Provide clinical training, guidance and services to customers on related implantation techniques of the above devices in the EU Region.
* Attend implants at new site based on training needs and team learning curve.
* Sign-off centers/surgeons once they have reached the appropriate level of technique/procedure/device use mastering.
* Ensure all necessary training documents and procedures are maintained accurate and are regularly audited as per company quality referential.
* Bring sites independent for procedures, products preparation and support - Ensure all training activities are tracked ad recorded as per quality requirements.
* Ensure to report all products and procedures complaints to the local Quality & Regulatory departments within 24 hours.
* Assists the institution in trial initiation and implementation.
* Maintains contact with the sponsor/principal investigator and key institutional departments.
* Monitors and reports site enrollment progress through regular contacts and visits.
* Implement any action to assist and support sites at ensuring enrollment is reaching expected pace.
* Maintains internal documentation in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and other internal regulations for agency/internal auditing.
* Ensure close follow-up on progress of clinical studies supported by the company.
* Support the preparation of weekly/monthly reports, enrollment/progress reports.
* Manage a dedicated team of clinical specialists who are accountable for clinical education at site level and IIT/IIS related activities as per needs
* Strive for an increase in team effectiveness and cohesiveness
* Proactively contribute to improve internal processes
* Provide support to the training manager to train sales, marketing and medical affairs teams as per plan
* Elaborate with the Medical Affairs director the preparation and dissemination of requested information at both customer and patient levels
* Attend Quality and complaint review meeting for all surgical devices - Act as a key contact person for clinical safety team
* Be a credible ambassador for the company products and live the culture/credo.
* Supports the Scientific Communication Manager in data analysis, cleaning and interpretation, as appropriate
* Meet with KOLs and Principal Investigators and visit key institutions on a regular basis to discuss relevant clinical and scientific data
* Ensure liaison between sites and the Scientific Communication Manager while preparing for abstract submission and presentation preparation
* Assist the Scientific Communication Manager during the review of IIT/IIS data presentation/ publication as needed
* Together with the Scientific Communication Manager prepare for scientific exchange meetings and data dissemination (e.g. Advisory boards, lunch symposia), as needed
* To maintain high level of expertise and related credibility, the MSL senior manager will keep abreast of scientific advancement in his/her therapeutic field
* In addition, he/she will ensure team remains on the edge when it comes to process, procedures and best practices
* It is expected that the MSL Senior manager attends at least 2 scientific congresses every year in the therapeutic field
Newly created position to have a real impact in a very innovative company.