In this challenging role you will be supporting the local Fund Operations team with the administration of PE, Private debt and infrastructure funds. You will help to bring new initiatives and products to the market, monitor service providers and support operations projects.
Experienced and diligent Fund Administrator (m/w)
Our client is an internationally active asset management firm catering to a global client base consisting of corporations, foundation, HNWIs, pension funds and others. We are looking for a highly professional and experienced Fund Administrator to support the local team in Zug as of February for at least 12 months.
- First point of contact for the administration of assigned Funds: manage external parties/service providers involved in the day-to-day operations of the Funds (administrators, paying agents, trustees/depositories, etc.) independently or with limited supervision.
- Close collaboration with other departments, especially Client Relations, Legal & Compliance and Business development regarding client deliverables for assigned funds
- Monitor external parties/service providers quality level according to agreed SLAs, compliance and other benchmarks and flagging quality issues.
- Review/prepare periodic SLA monitoring reports for service quality review meetings with the external partners and within audit control framework (ISAE 3402).
- Periodic budget planning for assigned Funds
- Continuous monitoring of fees invoiced by providers, periodic actual VS budget analysis.
- Maintain processes and documents for fee benchmarking, selection of new providers and/or fee negotiations with external service providers
- Approval of fee invoices and monitoring of the payment process, including VAT checks
- Support fundraising efforts of Sales Department and Investment Management: preparation of RfP/RfIs for prospective clients and/or cost estimations for upcoming products.
- Monitor and coordinate providers to ensure that all Funds fulfill their legal, tax, regulatory compliance and other contractual deliverables.
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisors and ensure that service providers complete year-end support files timely and accurately to ensure timely and on budget for the completion of annual audit and tax engagements.
- Flag audit findings and/or compliance issues to management.
- Evaluate the subsequent findings & "lessons learned" from annual audit & tax compliance to enhance service quality and participate in service provider presentations and/or to board meetings, AGMs, investment management and risk management committee's meetings as required.
- Periodically review SLA and Operation Manuals with existing providers as and initiate updates if necessary. Pro-actively identify and propose service quality improvements that can be implemented with providers.
- Ensure proper compliance with the annual audit, active approach towards further strengthening internal monitoring controls, electronic workflow documentation and service quality improvements.
- Help to coordinate with all stakeholders of the firm-wide annual control audit (ISAE3402).
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting, regulatory or investments related questions
- Coordinate with internal departments regarding regulatory reporting requirements or ad-hoc requests from regulators (e.g. AIFMD reporting, AUM calculations, TER ratios, Solvency II reporting, CRR/CRD Reporting, FATCA/CRS requests as well as providing KYC/AML documents to external parties as necessary).
- 3-6 years' experience in a similar role at an asset manager, fund administrator or Big4/consultancy specialized in alternative investments (especially Private Equity)
- Degree in accounting, finance or similar - relevant qualification in Accounting or Tax needed
- Fluent in English and German - other languages such as Italian/Spanish/French ar an asset
- General knowledge of private equity operations and terminology.
- Solid and thorough knowledge of the day-to-day operation of Alternative Investments Funds (Private Equity, Infrastructure, Private Debt or Real Estate), operating procedures and coordination of different parties.
- Strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory compliance framework for the asset management industry for alternative investments (e.g. AML, KYC, AIFMD, FATCA, CRS).
- Understanding of applicable accounting & valuation standards in the Private Equity industry (IPEV, ILPA, EVCA/InvestEurope, IFRS, US-GAAP, UK-GAAP etc.).
- Understanding of Investor Reporting standards, KPIs and other metrics used to produce meaningful written content to investors.
- Basic understanding of tax rules and withholding taxes especially for the German market (desireable)
- Experience with relevant ERP system in the alternative assets industry such as SunGard, Burgiss, desired, knowledge of eFront (Front Invest Alternatives) a strong plus
- Prior experience with investor portals a plus.
- Dynamic and international work environment in the city of Zug
- Long term contract with potential take-over and attractive conditions