As an assistant Store Manager, you will work closely with the Store Manager in the overall management of the store, staff and merchandise and particularly in leading an outstanding customer facing and service orientated team. You organize, supervise the work on the floor (with the Floor Supervisor if any), being a role model for the rest of the team. You need to be excellent in your relationship with customers and to be able to transfer your knowledge and skills to other sales associates.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
Sales and Customer Management
• Proposing and implementing action plans to develop sales for each product category.
• Ensuring the achievement of business goals and strategic projects.
• Ensuring the implementation and development of initiatives which develop further the clientele database of the store.
• Managing store staff with the help of the Management and the Human Resources Department: ensuring the development of motivation, sense of belonging and business involvement of the team.
• Supporting the Store Manager in training Sales Advisors on new collections and on selling techniques.
• Resolving all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively.
• Assisting the Store Manager in managing HR administration (planning, absences etc.).
• Performing back office activities such as data entry, inter shop movements, product
• Ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of visual guidelines and procedures
• Taking care of the general look of the store in terms of cleanness, tidiness and efficiency, in order to ensure the best image of products and store, in line with the brand communication and promotion strategy.
Store Operation Management
• Following-up of daily sales reporting.
• Controlling product quality (management of the defectives and the repairs).
• Implementing and providing follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc.
• Continually evaluating the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results.
Skills and Requirements:
• 3 to 5 years of luxury fashion retail management and sales experience.
• Proven ability to drive results and to develop people as well as turnover.
• Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
• Strong knowledge of fashion luxury markets and trends.
• Excellent person appearance (smart with a sense of individual style).
• Excellent English skills (Other additional languages would be an advantage).
• Very good command of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint and of any ERP.
• Rigor and organization with a strong service orientation.
• Motivated and committed with a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
• Able to meet the demands of a busy boutique/concession with high energy levels and determination.
• Proactive, dynamic and have a willingness to learn and develop.