At Sobi, we are transforming the lives of people affected by rare diseases. As a specialized international biopharmaceutical company based in Sweden, we provide sustainable access to innovative therapies in the areas of haematology, immunology and specialty care. We bring something rare to rare diseases.
Sobi has three premises in Switzerland: an office and R&D laboratory in Geneva; a sales office in Lucerne; and a newly opened office in Basel hosting both local and global staff. Sobi has around 150 employees in Switzerland, working with immunology research and development, and support for patients and healthcare professionals. You can find more information about Sobi at www.sobi.com
We now aim to strengthen the organization with a business controller position dedicated to the Immunology franchise. The successful candidate will be part of the Finance function and the HQ Business Control team but be working closely with the Head of Immunology and the Immunology leadership team providing financial management and business control support in a wide scope of matters. The position will be based at the Sobi office in Basel, Switzerland and will report to the Head of Business Control who is based in HQ office, Stockholm, Sweden.
Business Controller Immunology Franchise (based in Basel)
- Act as the “Liaison Officer” between the Immunology franchise and the Finance function in general and controlling team in particular.
As a member of the Immunology franchise and the leadership team:
- Act as key finance business partner for the Head of Immunology and the Immunology Leadership Team providing support in finance related commercialization and business matters.
- Challenge the Immunology LT and affiliates to improve business performance.
- Offer creative and diverse solutions to improve business performance and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Interact frequently within the Immunology organization across Sobi affiliates to support the execution of commercialization strategies at country level.
- Liaise with R&D, Supply Chain, Finance and other functions to ensure smooth collaboration enabling the unit to meet its business objectives in an efficient way.
- Act as a central coordination point for all financial aspects of business cases and development initiatives, ensuring appropriate level of quality.
- Be responsible for strategic finance and controlling matters for the franchise
- Develop, establish and execute management reporting and insightful analyses including commentary on business performance in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and execution of financial planning processes for the franchise, including quarterly forecasts, budget and long-range plan.
- Lead and coordinate finance related activities with external partners, including preparations and reviews of partner reporting.
- Lead, train and develop robust financial processes where relevant for the franchise area to meet Sobi requirements.
As a member of Finance and the Business Control team:
- Oversee and participate hands-on in financial month-end closing and consolidation activities, ensuring corporate and business unit reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare, analyze and accurately report financial results to management and corporate management in accordance with requirements.
- Lead the monitoring of financial performance and deliver insightful analyses
Initiate and drive efforts to simplify, standardize and harmonize accounting, reporting and other Immunology finance related matters
- Be an active member of the HQ business control team, participating in various finance or BC projects and processes e.g. the budget process.
- Ensure adequate financial control of material and immaterial assetrite key responsibilities in bullet points here
Qualifications & Personal attributes
- At least 10 years of experience in finance and business control support in commercial operations in the pharmaceutical business, of which at least 3 years working in an international environment supporting several countries, with experience from HQ or business unit positions, managing finance responsibilities on global or European level.
- Second level university Degree in Finance is required – a first level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the Second level university Degree
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required.
- Some experience from pan-European business development/launch activities would be a strong asset.
- Experience from budgeting, forecasting and change management processes in finance is required
- Solid background and high proficiency in performance management, business analysis and other controlling related topics is required.
- Experience from and high-level understanding of general accounting matters such as accruals, valuation and reporting principles is required.
- Experience from working with KPI’s to monitor performance and improvement projects in commercial operations is considered valuable
- Strong Excel and spreadsheet skills required together with strong analytical skills. Experience from working with large databases, drawing analyses from large sets of data considered valuable.
- Strong team player with leadership capabilities having the ability to interact with people on all levels while at the same time having the seniority to challenge operations, displaying high level of integrity fostering an environment of quality and control.
- Ability to think strategically and to contribute at a higher level while at the same time bringing strong operational skills and a hands-on “get things done” attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills from planning through to execution (written, oral)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, being fully accountable for own responsibility areas with strong commitment to delivering on time.
- Proactive and business minded, displaying a true desire to drive change and improve ways of working
- Service minded and flexible, thriving in a fast-changing environment
- Entrepreneurial approach at the same time as being able to work in a structured manner, providing clear guidance to others.
- Strong sense for details and dedicated to accuracy and quality of financial reporting and analysis
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter in English.