Division / Unit: Services / Information & Communication Technology
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 06.01.2020
The ICT Product Owner is at the heart of a product-driven team, taking ownership of the product's life cycle from its design to operation while working closely with the Business Solution Manager, driving the vision and delivery of modern user-centric solutions.
He/she is primarily responsible for meeting with key clients, compiling their business needs and translating those needs into the product backlog while meeting deadlines and expectations.
As the owner of a product, he/she is the key stakeholder and subject-matter expert with in-depth knowledge of business activities and processes and will take the lead in helping UEFA to find better ways of working, both from a technical and organisational perspective.
He/she is both technically minded and user focused, while guiding and leading the stakeholders through the unknown, anticipating any technical impacts and ultimately designing top-quality user-centric experiences that deliver on the business.
With this in mind, the ICT is looking to recruit a Technical Product Owner to lead the transformation and delivery of UEFA's digital microservices framework. You will report to the Senior ICT Business Partner and work with various stakeholders, colleagues from other divisions and units, and distributed development teams.
1. Product development, evolution and maintenance
- Taking full ownership of UEFA's digital microservices framework development, evolution, maintenance and lifecycle;
- Engaging with stakeholders and customers/consumers of existing platforms to understand changing needs, research the market to keep tabs on the changing technology environment, manage stakeholder expectations and persuade stakeholders to invest in the necessary changes;
- Developing and delivering complex microservices solutions across multiple technologies and cloud platforms;
- Understanding business functions, decomposing them into technical specifications and developing working microservices code for cloud-native as well as a hybrid cloud environment;
- Driving innovation, application modernisation, infrastructure deployment and delivery efficiency;
- Defining, refactoring and building integration-centric solutions to transition from monolithic/legacy platforms to service-oriented architecture;
- Automating business process models and multi/hybrid cloud-based services;
- Performing detailed analyses of business problems and technical environments and using these to design solutions;
- Working with QA, technical publication, support and other teams to ensure high-quality, documented end-to-end component delivery;
- Defining, monitoring and analysing metrics that inform the success of microservices with a view to continuously improving performance.
2. Developing a realistic product roadmap and leading the delivery team
- Converting business requirements into a well-defined product page and sprint backlogs;
- Breaking down the product backlog into an agreed roadmap consisting of sprint backlogs and a release plan;
- Developing a minimum viable product;
- Working with the ICT Architect and development team to define the execution plan and feed the plan into the road map;
- Leading a delivery team in an agile scrum development process, collaborating with multiple teams to guide initiatives through the development lifecycle;
- Converting the sprint backlog into user stories and leading backlog grooming sessions;
- Leading sprint ceremonies and daily stand-up meetings;
- Helping the delivery team to clarify acceptance criteria;
- Liaising with functional practice leads to obtain resource requirements and feedback;
- Collaborating with other product owners to offer support and ensure robust integration across digital products;
- Overseeing the effective and efficient execution of the product delivery within the project team.
3. Communication and reporting
- Liaising with the Business Solution Manager on contracts and budgets;
- Preparing and delivering regular communications on product progress for various internal stakeholders;
- Preparing precise, concise, visually appealing presentations and documents to sell and present strategies and concepts internally and to external partners;
- Attending relevant regular internal meetings to understand the business and new requirements.
from 1 to 3 years' experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management;
- leading digital product teams in agile development, preferably in sport industry
- leading API and microservices greenfield and transformation projects.
from 1 to 3 years practical experiences running and building microservices and proficient knowledge about common microservice design patterns;
- detailed knowledge about API design and practical experience designing and building REST APIs;
- knowledge about cloud platforms
from 1 to 3 years understanding messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ and JMS;
- Good databases knowledge about typical SQL and NoSQL databases
- working with geographically distributed teams
- Bachelor's BS/MS in computer science/engineering or a related technical discipline
- Familiar with Agile methodologies, Agile Scrum PO certification a plus
- English / Proficient
- Software development
- Project Management / Proficient
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a busy and high-pressure work environment
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Open-minded, positive attitude
Other Technical background with knowledge of: