In this challenging role you will be supporting the implementation of IFRS based accounting guidelines and financial reporting for the group, you'll be acting as a subject matter specialist on technical and complex accounting questions on difficult transactions including M&A topics.
ASAP: Senior Group Accounting Specialist - IFRS (m/w)
Our client is a globally active marketleader in the FMCG area with HQ in Zürich. We are looking for a strong IFRS expert to join the local group accounting and reporting team asap for a bridging project.
- Responsiblity for the interpretation and implementation of the accounting guidelines (IFRS-based), and financial reporting for the group.
- Work closely with local and regional teams on technical accounting topics as an IFRS expert.
- Support and guarantee accurate and thorough documentation (including the preparation of accounting memoranda) for significant and / or complex accounting transactions including M&A.
- Strong communication to establish reporting guidance for the Group, and collaborate closely on the monthly reporting prepared principally by the consolidation team based abroads.
- Build networks with internal stakeholders to strengthen Finance functions group-wide.
- The role will work closely with other Group teams (including FP&A, Tax, Treasury and Legal) and have involvement in driving key Group-wide finance initiatives / projects.
- Support disclosures as part of External publication
- Accurate and timely accounting and reporting advice to local entities and regions with high quality documentation.
- Timely coordination of advice for significant accounting and reporting matters.
- Strengthening of accounting and reporting knowledge throughout the organisation via effective communication and delivery of training.
- Timely preparation of accurate Group financial reporting.
- Education: university degree, preferably in Accounting, professional qualification (CA or CPA) a big plus
- Languages: fluent English, other languages considered a plus
- Experience: minimum 5-7 years in Big 4 accounting firm or multinational environment (ideally group level)
- Curiosity to understand complex topics
- Agility to manage changing environment and to respond to ad-hoc requests under time pressure
- System experience in SAP and consolidation modules is considered a plus
- Self starter, ability to work independently in cross-functional and multi-country environments
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Mindset to challenge existing norms and structures
- Global leader in its field with offices in Zürich
- Challenging Group Accounting position - immediate start