ETEL worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of high performance motion control components and high-end mechatronic motion systems based in Môtiers, and 100% dedicated to direct drive solutions. We currently call upon a growing diversity of skills which take part in the exciting adventure of our international activity. Contribute to our growth!
Supplier Development Engineer
We are looking for
An organized, structured and rigorous person with very good negotiation and communication skills. Someone curious and technology driven, autonomous and proactive.
We offer you
- A challenging position in an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment
- Competitive compensation & great working conditions in a modern and innovative high-tech company
- A long-term commitment and the opportunity to develop a rewarding career
- Lead the product qualification phase in the sourcing process
- Discuss, clarify and achieve the technical feasibility with the suppliers of the products concerned.
- Actively support the “Detail Design Review” highlighting technical and process difficulties. Understand the cost drivers. Propose alternative solution.
- Release the product control plan and define the control level internally and at the supplier site.
- Define and release the purchasing specification and requirement for the outsourcing
- Perform supplier Audit
- Support plant on a daily basis on purchased components and supplier quality concerns
- Assure the production continuity, supporting the SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) in the day by day criticality and analysis
- Act proactively with the other departments, having always clear the milestone of a project.
- Support procurement to have the parts on time, collaborating with Quality Control, find solutions to rework parts…
- Establish with the suppliers an interaction able to guarantee a competitive and long-term relationship
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- Knowledge of the main production technologies (ex. stamping, plastic injection) and metrology
- Fluent written and spoken English, French is an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good and reliable communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Cross-functional / cultural team player.
- Passion for driving continuous improvements
Do you want to take up this challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application! Please complete the online form, following the link: Apply here!