Process Engineer - temp
Our client, an international company within the medical devices industry, is looking for a:
PROCESS ENGINEER (temporary role until end of 2020)
This engineering position is dedicated to the development, optimization, validation and industrialization of cost effective manufacturing processes for intravascular catheters.
It requires therefore a strong interaction with quality, manufacturing and the RD in charge of the development of delivery systems, to achieve the expected process yields, costs and capacity.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, optimize, validate and industrialize reliable and cost effective manufacturing processes for intravascular catheters in order to meet the yields, costs and capacity expectations;
- Propose design modification when appropriate and support design verification accordingly;
- Design, order and qualify tools and equipment to rationalize the manufacturing operations;
- Develop and document internal in-vitro test procedures, realize bench tests and statistically analyze results;
- Prepare the manufacturing documentation for new products;
- Support and train the Operations department during the manufacturing of devices for RD purposes (e.g. verification & validation samples for new product developments, production ramp-up);
- Minimum of two years in medical device manufacturing, ideally involving intravascular catheters
- Knowledge in the following fields:
- Process development and validation;
- Quality system ISO 13485;
- Risk management;
- 6 Sigma and statistical process control;
- Adhesive bonding and polymeric welding processes;
- 3D CAD.
- Degree (BSc or equivalent) in mechanical, micro-technical, biomedical or process engineering.
- Team oriented;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, committed to moving projects forward;
- Flexible (able to work in a fast-evolving environment);
- Ready for hands on activities;
- Fluent in French, ability to communicate in English (written, spoken), German is an asset
- Able to communicate and train the manufacturing operators;
- Able to understand the design and use of complex medical devices and the impact of manufacturing process on the product performances;
If you recognize yourself in this job description, apply directly and I will be more than happy to give you more in details about this position.