Senior Manager Logistics Operations Cell Therapy Europe
Celgene (a wholly owned subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb) is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to changing the course of human health through bold pursuits in science, life-enhancing therapies, and a promise to always put patients first. At the core of that mission are the talented individuals who contribute their unique skill sets to help us drive innovation and deliver truly life-changing drugs for our patients. As we continue to pursue that mission, we're looking for talented professionals like you to join our team.
Come join Celgene for this unique opportunity to be part of a growing team building a leading edge Clinical and Commercial Cell Therapy (CAR-T) Supply Chain that serves our patients with novel CAR-T Therapies. We aim to create a trusted cell therapy experience and excellence in commercialization with a world class CAR-T supply chain. Our foundation is a culture where people can thrive.
The Senior Manager Logistics is accountable for the EU CAR-T logistics network, ensuring shipment and in-time availability of CAR-T products to and from manufacturing sites, via distribution hubs, from and to apheresis sites. You will also be accountable for the compliance and integrity of shipments at Logistics Service Providers used for CAR-T apheresis material and drug products.
This role is based in Boudry, Switzerland and will require 20-30% of travel within Europe.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set-up and maintain shipping procedures, shipping routes and export processes for CAR-T logistics at Logistics Service Providers (LSPs)
- Manage LSPs and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations (GDP, Tissue and Blood Regulations, Import/Export of ATMP) by working with relevant internal functions (QA, trade compliance, security)
- Develop and track KPI`s at logistic service providers
- Work with Patient Operations Clinical Scheduling to ensure time delivery of CAR-T products across the EU CAR-T logistics network between manufacturing sites and distribution hubs, ensuring that all road and air freight shipments comply to regulations (QA, customs) and to agreed freight costs.
- Collaborating with the External Manufacturing team and the Production team to set-up and maintain effective interfaces with logistics service provider
- Work with Global Logistics Lead to set-up and maintain global processes and their consistency
- Working with LSPs and internal functions to set-up and maintain Chain-of-Identity (COI) and using adequate IT systems at LSPs.
- Ensure adequate agreements are in place (SLAs) with LSPs.
- Manage LSPs to prepare all necessary shipping documents, and set-up and review of invoices.
- Create and follow up on Deviations when incidents occur during transport.
- Manage destructions of consigned inventories.
- Create and follow CCR for LSPs
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Solid experience in logistics in a regulated environment especially export and transportation with strong knowledge in customs and trade regulations.
- Strong Knowledge on ERP systems: Oracle preferred, otherwise SAP
- Ability to work effectively with groups in different geographical locations
- Strong skill on Preferential Rules of Origin in Regional Trade agreement
- Strong Inventory Management skills
- Strong knowledge on Security program (AEO, Known shipper)
- Strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Able to work independently, partner effectively with internal and external partners, and to set and manage own objectives
- Strong process orientation and interest to drive continuous improvement.
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in Apheresis, Cellular Therapy or Stem Cell Transplant programs is a plus
- Experience working with critical raw material suppliers or contract manufacturing organizations is a plus