We are looking to recruit, for one of our prestigious partner, a well known humanitarian institution, a new:
Temporary Position - 12 months - 100%
Main duties and responsibilities
Project and program management:
- Support and coach the project teams to realize the benefits of projects and programs across their entire lifecycle with on time, on cost and on scope delivery.
- Provide expert advice on ideation, scoping, planning, budgeting, risk and change management among other elements, ensuring a coherent integrated approach to the management of the project and change portfolio in line with the company’s Project Management Framework.
- Represent the PMO in Steering Committee meetings and gateway reviews of projects and programs, helping to clarify project risks and opportunities and ensure informed decision-making.
- Support strategic portfolio management by ensuring robust prioritization processes, including effective project and program selection, contributing to functional/business planning.
- Enable the monitoring and review of project, program and portfolio performance on a regular basis by collecting, analyzing and presenting evidence-based and risk-driven evaluations and mitigation actions.
Project Management Framework:
- Support the PMO on its continuous improvement journey and drive its transition towards Agile methodologies at both project and portfolio level.
- Play a key role in identifying and driving opportunities to improve processes and clarify methods and standards
- Coordinate training, workshops and continuous learning about project and program management techniques, tools and processes.
Education and experience required
- Advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years’ of professional experience in the field of project, program and/or portfolio management, with considerable agile experience.
- Extensive experience in PMO processes and services.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and managing at least one of the following: Project portfolio tracking, financial/budget management, organizational development, change and transformation, planning & reporting systems, quality management, risk management.
- Accreditation in project, program, portfolio and change management methodologies (e.g. CSM, MoP, PfMP, MSP, PgMP, PMP, PROSCI) strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in English and French, at ease with diverse audiences.
Desired profile and skills
- Excellent indirect leadership and change management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capacity to guide and support senior managers, project and program managers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously on transversal issues, negotiating across diverse interests.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and comfortable with complex datasets and specialized software tools.
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure.
- Strong interest in the humanitarian world.