Aftermarket solutions - marketing graduate intern
CATERPILLAR’S GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure, and in partnership with CAT dealers, is driving positive and sustainable changes on every continent. A Fortune 500 company, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company also is a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services.
Within our EAME Headquarters located in Geneva, we offer a complete Graduate Internship Program for a period of 13 months from 1 July 2020 – 31 July 2021.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
With us you will:
- Have the opportunity to make the next step in your education more meaningful by providing practical on-the-job learning in an international business environment.
- Transform academic learning into business solutions while working on real projects
- Develop a personal network in the business world
- Experience a team concept that combines the skills and expertise of people from varied professional disciplines and backgrounds
- Be part of a challenging work environment where initiative and innovation is encouraged and rewarded
- Work for a global leader
AFTERMARKET SOLUTIONS - MARKETING GRADUATE INTERN
Department: Central Regional Sales Team, Global Aftermarket Solutions Department (GASD)
Job Purpose and Responsibilities: Provide support to Supervisor, division manager and global team of Aftermarket Solutions Reps with project management, data analysis, results tracking, events coordination, communication and coordination of division activities.You will transform data into meaningful and actionable insights.
The candidate works as a Junior Aftermarket Solutions Consultant and will have to:
- Support Customer Segment Projects including coordinating trainings & events
- Facilitate multi-functional team communication and project management of deployment plans for team’s initiatives together with internal partners and dealers.
- Lead data gathering and data cleansing processes on a project-based basis
- Build and manage ad-hoc tools to automate data analysis / visualization of parts product performance
- Develop understanding of dealer and parts business enabling quality of analysis and recommendations
- Support optimizing parts sales variance utilization
- Support the team with identifying and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities
- Report on business KPI’s
- Monitor alignment with partners and division’s strategy
- Business or Engineering/Technical background (min. bachelor’s degree level required).
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Project management with a focus on results outcomes
- Basic statistical knowledge, Basic understanding of databases is required
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Pivot tables, macros, VBA, Power Point).
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such Tableau is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data analysis into business recommendation
- Fluent in English and German
- Swiss citizen or holder of a valid B or C permit, or EU citizen who has completed studies in Switzerland.
Interpersonal skills and behaviors
- Customer approach – empathy, focus, responsibility, drive, optimism
- Able to influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team player with an ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously
The graduate Internship program offers entry-level Intern positions with an opportunity to become a fixed employee if job performance is high and if hiring possibilities are available. This particular role could lead to an opportunity to become a Caterpillar Representative in one of our EAME Offices.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English, copies of diplomas & any work certificates