British American Tobacco is a truly global organization. Our companies employ more than 55,000 people in a business spanning some 180 markets worldwide. In Switzerland, we employ more than 400 people in Lausanne and Boncourt.
Senior Legal & Engagement Manager
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES COVER THE FOLLOWING:
As Senior Legal & Engagement Manager you are responsible within BAT Switzerland (the “Company”) for all legal and regulatory matters, external engagement, communication & CSR activities. You are ensuring the timely delivery of legal services in relation to its business and operations whilst contributing to the compliance of the Company to regulation and corporate governance principles.
- Provide timely advice to Marketing and other functions as well as to provide appropriate training with the objective of being proactive in the protection of the Company, its assets, its reputation and its employees;
- Provide counselling to all other functions in respect of contractual matters;
- Maintain optimal communication and support with HR on all employment law aspects;
- Identify the legal priorities and compliance procedures to ensure an internal environment in which the business understands and meets its legal obligations;
- Manage litigation and administrative proceedings;
- Monitor and interpret the regulatory environment in which the Company operates to ensure proper and timely compliance;
- Influence a favorable regulatory environment to drive commercial opportunities and support the Company’s mid- and long-term strategy;
- Build sustainable and direct relations with key stakeholders in media and other industries;
- Raise BAT profile in the public domain and support business objectives through media engagement and PR campaigns;
- Drive the Corporate Social Responsibility agenda.
- Recognized Master’s degree in Law. Admission to the bar is a plus.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment or in a law firm.
- French or German mother-tongue (and good commands in the other language) and fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act on your own initiative, applying good judgement and prioritizing tasks
- Strong influencing and problem-solving skills; with the ability to work with peers and senior Management, inspiring trust and confidence
- Capacity to explain highly complicated and technical issues and concepts including identification of relevant business considerations for decision
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and express them clearly, concisely and effectively
Results driven, and continually aware of commercial objectives, the ideal candidate will have the credibility and gravitas to impress at all levels, both internally with BAT as well as externally. Crucially, the candidate needs to have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex regulatory concepts into an understandable format to a multi-disciplinary team.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed, you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too. We are looking forward to receiving your full application on www.bat-careers.com