MTF Quadra is a Swiss family-owned IT services company specialising in IT infrastructure, security, managed services, cloud computing and personnel placement. Our 90+ staff members are dedicated to providing the best customer experience possible and match your most up-to-date technical demands. Our branches in Ecublens (VD), Meyrin (GE) and Givisiez (FR) ensure local presence and proximity.
Within the framework of our activities, we support one of our customers, a renowned NGO in the recruitment of its Linux Administrator M/F, who will join and support the Infrastructure division. Under the direction of the Infrastructure Manager, you will be in charge of the administration and operations - servers and networks, including the applications and systems availabilities, maintenance and upgrades.
Due to the nature of the client, contract is a 3 years renewable, no time limit, full time and 100% based in Bern. Compensation will be discussed during the selection phases and is based on an international salary scale. Please note that there is a specific plan including numerous benefits on health insurance, pension plan and the bearing of expenses such as moving, family allowances and other bonuses.
Linux Server Management: Installing and configuring Linux clusters - Production, Test or Development Servers, but also Backup, Cloud-based, Off-grid, Dedicated Databases, Application-oriented ones
according to your areas of predilection AND/OR:
- Big Data: Install, manage and monitor data systems under Hadoop
- Security & Threat Management: Monitor and fine-tune security and firewall performances under VMware NSX
- Participate to architectural talks on future designs and projects in line with technical state-of-the art domain trends and structural change managemen's plans
- High Availability: Audit and monitor performance, utilization, reliability of HA Networks.
- Technical Support: take part the Level 2 tickets and 24-hour support teams.
- Documentation and logging events and infrastructure developments
- At least a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering or a related field, recognized by WHED - required
- At least 2 full years, ideally 3/5 years of experience on Linux OS - RHEL, CentOS... and LAMP framework as a systems administrator and production environment administrator - required
- Real know-how in network and firewall administration - Java/python, Splunk, scripting (PS), Check Point, Brocade, Apache Tomcat / Jboss - an advantage
- Proven mastery of big-data management including Hadoop and/or Ambari, Hbase, Hive, Java, Power BI or Tableau - desirable
- Ease in complex technical environments: ISO 27001 and varied cultures: more than 25 nationalities - an asset
- Fluent English - B2 minimum is required, French will be appreciated but not mandatory.
- Sandbox state of mind required! Your analytical and communication skills are recognized traits of your personality.
Are you interested in this opportunity ? if so Do Apply ! Application from abroad and outisde the European Union zone are more than welcome !
Only applications meeting all the required criteria will be considered.