Skyguide provides air navigation services for Switzerland and certain adjacent parts of neighbouring countries. With its 1500 employees at 14 locations in Switzerland, the company guides some 1,2 million civil and military flights a year safely and efficiently through Europe's most complex airspace. To ensure that we continue to fulfill this task in the future, we are seeking a/an:
Product & Project Engineer Surveillance
The Surveillance (SUR) Engineer mission is to provide engineering and project management competences and skills to lead lifecycle management and continuous improvements of surveillance products & equipment, support elaboration of concepts, studies and projects for internal and external customers.
- Engineering & Product Management for surveillance (SUR) activities and equipment: Engineering/Know How support, preparation work / elaboration for life cycle and product management.
- Provide engineering and project management competences and skills to lead changes, projects and continuous improvements of SUR products/equipment (ex: for radar update or replacement). Support elaboration of concepts, studies, changes, projects, for internal and/or external (e.g. military) customers. Lead of the technical radar validation.
- Act as Swiss-wide Product Center Leader: lead the product lifecycle in relation with all involved stakeholders. Ensure reliability, maintainability, supportability, testability and availability targets which are set for the product/equipment and associated services.
- Project management: Conduct and lead projects including financial responsibility in applying skyguide methods and relevant regulations.
- Change and innovation management: Evaluate, initiate, estimate, conduct and implement change requests, while applying applicable processes by establishing and respecting scope, time, budget constraints.
- Studies & concepts: Conduct studies to identify, analyze and solve issues leading to technical or operational constraints. Provide training to the maintenance personnel.
- Master or Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent (University of applied science or ETH)
- Knowledge of Surveillance CNS/Air Traffic Management (ATM) system products
- Swiss citizen (mandatory to access military sites)
- Experience in projects with system procurement, commissioning and deployment of IT, electronics, radiofrequency and/or telecommunication systems.
- Know-how on radar technology or ATM Surveillance technologies would be a strong asset.
- German: Native or Fluent (oral and written), prerequisite C1/C2 level. English: Fluent (spoken and written), prerequisite C1 level. French: good command of would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and be self-responsible, as well as with solid teamwork skills with all stakeholders. Service and solution oriented mind-set.
- Open and flexible personality with natural authority, strong communication skills and a high sense of responsibility.
- Available to travel on a regular basis (up to 50% of the time), mainly in Switzerland and abroad.
Location : Wangen bei Dübendorf &/or Geneva When : asap Working percentage : 100%
Location : Wangen bei Dübendorf &/or Geneva
When : asap
Working percentage : 100%
Looking for a job unlike any other?
Please submit your application via our website www.skyguide.ch