In order to reinforce our HR department, AKKA Switzerland is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist (80 to 100%), on a 6 months temporary contract, with possibility to be hired permanently.
Senior Payroll Specialist
- Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
- Calculating and entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
- Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, etc.
- Preparing and processing paychecks.
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation.
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Preparing and distributing income statements.
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- Being the direct link with the finance department
- Swiss HR Certificate required, Bachelor's Degree, Brevet Federal a plus.
- At least 5 years' experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager in 100+ FTEs companies with multiple branches.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of Swiss legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Abacus) and databases
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with other departments.
- French mother tongue, fluent in English, German is a plus.