Administrative Coordinator 60%
PERIOD OF CONTRACT: until the end of December 2020, extended depending on the availability of project funds and performance
ACTIVITY RATE: 60 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 24-09-2020
Interviews will be held on 29 and 30 SEPTEMBER 2020
NORRAG is a global membership-based network of international policies and cooperation in education and training Since 1977, NORRAG’s core mandate and strength is to produce, disseminate and broker critical knowledge and to build capacity for and with those in academia, governments, NGOs, international organizations, foundations and the private sector who inform and shape education policies and practice, at national and international levels. By so doing, NORRAG contributes to creating the conditions for more participatory, evidence-informed decisions that improve equal access to quality education and training. NORRAG is an associate programme of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva.
Mission and activities
The Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and NORRAG team, and will generally support NORRAG activities and projects, staff and consultants.
Specifically, the Administrative Coordinator is expected to take charge of the following tasks:
- Support the Executive Director in their daily work
- Focal point for all administrative matters at NORRAG
- Deal with day-to-day administrative tasks related to the Centre, working closely with the Graduate Institute administrative departments and with the Centre staff, filtering up priority information as appropriate
- Draft contracts (with support from relevant IHEID department) for partner institutions, donors, suppliers, projects, etc. and follow up as appropriate
- Maintain a calendar of deadlines and requirements
- Draft correspondence and other requested documents
- Support general administrative tasks for current and future research projects.
- Human Resources:
- Serve as the main contact point for the Centre’s staff and associated researchers
- Maintain and suggest improvements for internal procedures (with Executive Director, IHEID Finance, HR and Admin)
- Provide assistance to the team and researchers with HR requests
- Maintain staff contracts and personnel files (salaries, work permit, absences, vacation)
- File CVs and respond to emails/letters concerning information on the Centre (including those related to job/internship requests)
- Support the Executive Director to manage recruitment administrative tasks (advertising, communicating with candidates, etc.)
- Manage travel arrangements and travel insurance for staff, consultants, advisors and guests.
- Financial support:
- Support the Executive Director and IHEID Finance department in the preparation of financial reports to donors
- Deal with day-to-day accounting operations: payments and invoices, maintaining the Centre’s accounts with the Executive Director and IHEID Finance department, and following up project research’s financial administration
- Follow up budget according to expenses, cash flow
- Track financial contributions and income related to mandated projects
- Prepare budget files for all funding partners
- Participate in elaborating budgets for research grant applications.
- Fluent in French and English
- At ease with figures and budgets, and internal and external communication
- Highly organized and autonomous worker
- Embraces challenges and is solution oriented in the heat of the moment, and can work to tight deadlines
- Works well in an international team and is accommodating of diverse views.
Education and experience:
- Administrative training or professional qualifications in office management and administration
- At least five years’ experience coordinating/managing financial, HR and administrative tasks as an Administrative Officer or Office Manager
- Solid knowledge of office procedures, financial management and HR processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French other languages would be an asset
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude, attention to detail and strict respect of deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Evidence of judgement and diplomacy, in order to interact efficiently with a wide range of internal and external interlocutors
- Flexible, quick learner with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website: graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.