The EHS Specialist will work closely and support the Plant Manager to provide an efficient and effective health, safety and environmental support service to the Production Site in order to ensure the Plant meets its Business Objectives, continually promote a positive Health and Safety culture whilst complying with all applicable legal requirements.
* Encourage a positive safety culture at the site.
* Provide advice and support to the management team, supervisors and team leaders on health, safety and environmental matters.
* Work towards achieving the sites HSE targets published annually with an aim of zero lost time accidents.
* Completion of accident and near miss investigations and ensure all corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
* Ensure a comprehensive risk assessment program is in place throughout the plant.
* Assist in the development of Risk Assessments and Procedures to develop safe systems of work.
* Maintain the ISO 14001 and work towards achieving IOS 45001 certification including complying with and carrying out internal audit schedule
* Ensure a comprehensive program of safety inspections and audits is in place throughout the plant.
* Involve employees in health and safety activities including risk assessments and safety walks.
* Take part in design reviews to ensure health and safety considerations are discussed at an early stage of the design process.
* Maintenance of the assessment programme.
* Attend HSE Committee meetings on a monthly basis.
* Implement safety campaigns and promotions as required
* Implement and manage a plant health, safety and environmental improvement plan, ensuring that actions are closed out in a timely manner.
* Assist the HSE Manager with complying with the Corporate reporting requirements.
Technical Skills Required:
*Strong IT skills including word and excel
*Excellent organizational skills (paper based and electronic)
*Time management skills
*Experience of delivering training sessions to groups and individuals
*English and French languages verbal and written are mandatory
*Good knowledge of GMP's
*3 to 5 years relevant experience in lifescience
*Health and Safety qualification
*ISO 14001 Auditor Certification
*ISO 45001 Auditor Certification
*Higher level Health and Safety qualification
*Environmental qualification such as IEMA Management Certificate.