Are you looking for your next technical challenge in the world of Unix? As well as a solid technical CV around RedHat, Linux, Solaris, do you have the ability to communicate with business and technical staff alike? Do you speak French and English?
Then contact us straight away as we have a new position for you.
Our customer, a well-known private bank in Geneva, is looking for a Unix administrator with at least 3 years' experience for a long-term project to start as soon as possible:
- install and migrate existing Unix as according to our standards and process
- allocate system storage and planning future storage requirements for the Unix system
- modify the Unix system (File System management, access right, etc.) as necessary
your core competencies
- knowledge of majors Unix Distribution: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, AIX and Solaris
- knowledge of one major Backup Software of the market
general understanding of:
- distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client /Server, Internet / Intranet, Entreprise
- the underlying operating system, e.g. Windows, Unix, Linux
- storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, NAS/SAN, networking
- routine maintenance, recovery, and handling fail-over of a database
you should be able to:
- work under tight deadlines
- be patient, meticulous and logical in his work and capable of prioritizing tasks
- have good problem solving, analytical, administrative, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are also important
- communicate effectively
You are fluent in french and english.
Due to the sensitive nature of the position, we are only able consider candidates currently resident in Switzerland.