Metalor is a Swiss-based leading precious metal company that was founded in 1852. With subsidiaries in 17 countries and more than 1550 employees. The Metalor Group has 3 business units, each corresponding to a group of specific markets: Refining, Electrotechnics and Advanced Coatings.
Based at our sites in Marin, we are currently looking for a
- Managing one of several teams in the central analytical laboratories of the Metalor group – responsibilities covering hiring & managing staff, purchasing and maintaining equipment, developing methods and P&L responsibility
- Analysing precious metals through a large range of techniques including ICP-OES and SPARK-OES for Trace Analysis, XRF spectroscopy, hardness and grain size for Metallurgy
- Fabricating, analysing and validating precious metals Certified Reference Materials in our dedicated facility, and developing this business under ISO 17034 accreditation
- Maintaining and extending ISO 17025 & ISO 17034 accreditations
- Providing technical and business supports to operations and sales.
- Representing the company in several international instances
- Ensuring compliance with the Precious Metals Control Act (PMCA; LCMP in French)
- University diploma (or equivalent) in chemistry
- Several years of experience managing a laboratory in the precious metal industry – an absolute must
- Deep understanding of trace analysis and metallurgical analysis, as well as of the precious metals refining industry
- In-depth experience with ISO 17025 accreditation
- Excellent IT knowledge (including Excel, LIMS, SAP)
- Fluent in English and in French
- Integrity, precision and capability to work in parallel on complex matters
- Motivation to work et evolve in a highly dynamic environment
Start date: as soon as possible
Performance, Innovation, Trust, Respect and Ethicsare our core values. We encourage our employees and provide them with the tools and training that enable them to develop and evolve successfully in an international Group. We offer equal opportunity, a healthy, safe and secure working environment and competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking forward to receiving your application (covering letter, CV, educational and work certificates etc.) through www.jobup.ch