Road World Championships and Sports Projects Assistant (100%) English-French
Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
For its Sports Department, the UCI is looking for a:
Road World Championships and Sports Projects Assistant (100%)
He/she will assist the Road World Championships and Strategic Sports Projects Manager in the delivery of the different Sports Projects including the UCI Road World Championships. The different projects include namely:
- UCI World Championships candidatures
- Delivery of the UCI Road World Championships
- Development of Women's cycling
- Coordination of the Athletes' Commission.
Main responsibilities :
UCI World Championships candidatures:
- Assist in the candidates during the bidding and the contract process
- Ensure delivery of the Economic Impact Reports for selected UCI World Championships as per contract.
UCI Road World Championships:
- Assist the Road World Championships and Strategic Sports Projects Manager in the general coordination of the World Championships before, during and after the event
- Organise meetings linked to the Road World Championships with service providers, local organising comittee staff and internal meetings with the various UCI sector managers
- Organise UCI staff travel related to bids and technical visits to the Road World Championships
- Participate in the creation or updating of documents related to the Road World Championships, including the Road World Championships Organisation Guide
- Organise the rooming list and the relationships with hotels
- Coordinate the accreditation system: monitoring procedures and operations carried out by the services and with the different UCI department.
- Assist the Road World Championships and Strategic Sports Projects Manager in the coordination of women related topics.
- Assist in the coordination the UCI Athlete’s Commission’s activities, including action plans and follow-up.
• Holder of commercial apprenticeship certificate or equivalent
• Proven experience in project management in the field of sport
• Very good organisational and project management skills
• Fluency, written and spoken in English and French, any other language a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, diplomacy, tactical and interpersonal skills
• Rigour, precision and flexibilty
• Mastery of IT tools (Office)
• Strong interest in sport
Start date : immediately or to be agreed
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation. If you are interested in this position and you meet the criteria outlined in the profile, please e-mail your application in English and supporting documents (covering letter, CV, employment references and qualifications) to the following address: Click to send email.
The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has been EDGE Assess certified since 2019. EDGE certification is the leading global business certification standard for gender equality. The UCI is the first international sporting Federation to be EDGE Assess certified. Wishing to strengthen its status as a leader in this field, the UCI now aims to reach the next level of certification.