Permanent contract / Crans-Montana, Switzerland
Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, in the top 3 for Hospitality & Leisure Management by the QS World University Ranking, is a brand of the Sommet Education Group. Founded in 1954, Les Roches is a private institution based on the Swiss model of experiential learning, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in the fields of hospitality, tourism and event management. Les Roches prepares entrepreneurial and innovative graduates across a global network of campuses in Crans-Montana (Switzerland), Marbella (Spain) and Shanghai (China).
You share our values: Development, Distinctiveness, Joint commitment, Openness and Sense of service.
You hold a relevant diploma in Hospitality Management and have at least 5 years of professional experience as Maître d'hôtel in various top hotels around the world. You have experience in restaurant service, room service and banqueting, as well as relevant experience in bar service with knowledge of alcohol (spirits, liquors, wines) and soft drinks (coffee, tea, beer, mineral waters). With a high level of pedagogical skills, you are an excellent communicator and influencer that will act as a role model for our students. You are at ease in an international environment, you are customer focused, a team player and a hospitality passionate. You have an excellent level of English (French is a plus), both oral and written, and you are eligible to work in Switzerland.
As Service Instructor, your main missions will be:
- Be responsible for the theoretical and the practical preparation of the Applied Learning Service classes.
- Conduct the service operation working with the assigned students while teaching the best-in-class practices of the industry.
- Host different practical and theoretical workshops.
- Teach the students how to advise customers and anticipate their needs to reach their highest level of satisfaction.
- Define the hygiene and grooming standards in F&B, linking them with the industry expectations.
- Provide students with the objectives of the course and describe evaluation process based on our grading criteria.
- Efficiently supervise the students and monitor their performance, providing feedback for improvement.
- Encourage students to take initiatives and to be proactive at work.