BI AND DATA ENGINEER
To deliver on-going project implementations and support for existing Business Intelligence and Reporting Services implementations under the Microsoft SQL Server technology platform.
The scope of work includes:
- Work with the team (technical Lead/Architect/other team members) and customer focal point to understand the business need and design/implement the technical data management solution.
- Design and implement data and analytics solution (data lake, data warehouses data marts…) solutions, mainly Microsoft Cloud and AWS data services, based on the customers’ business requirements.
- Design and implement complex ELT/ETL processes using AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Integration Services (SSIS), Python or R code or others
- Design and develop Analysis Services OLAP Cubes and Tabular Views
- Develop scripts accordingly to the data need (Stored Procedures with T-SQL, Python or R, eventually PowerShell or .NET).
- Design conceptual and logical data models and data flowcharts
- Design Data-as-a-Service solution, on-premises and Cloud based, based on Data API Gateway and other Cloud services.
- Implement Data Catalog solutions
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new data platform solutions
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Perform other duties as required
The resource shall possess excellent knowledge of:
- Azure and AWS Data & Analytics stacks and services
- Data analysis and modelling
- Database scripting (T-SQL, stored procedures, etc.)
- Microsoft Business Intelligence modules covering Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Microsoft SQL Server, AWS Athena/RDS, Redshift…
- Microsoft Power BI
- ML/AI knowledge is a plus
The resource should also have:
- Experience working with OData
- Experience with Service Management tools (ticketing systems)
- Experience with Service Management methodologies (ITIL) and Change Management
- Experience with Project Management methodologies (PRINCE2)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, persuasively and with clarity
- Customer-centric approach to delivery and problem solving
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the requested skills.
The resource should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be familiar with large scale Microsoft BI and Reporting Services environments. The candidate should also have experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
Microsoft SQL Server and BI certifications are highly desirable.
Excellent knowledge of English is required.