Data Engineer 100% (F/M)
Swatch, launched in 1983 by Nicolas G. Hayek, is a leading Swiss watch maker and one of the world's most popular brands. The first Swatch watches surprised everyone with their revolutionary concept, creative design and provocative spirit. Today Swatch continues to innovate and surprise with new models, collections and special editions. The brand maintains a strong presence in the world of sports with its commitment to snowboarding, freeskiing, surfing, beach volleyball and mountain bike slopestyle. Right from the start, Swatch connected with art and artists, and Swatch watches remain a prominent canvas for artists from a broad range of disciplines.
In order to reinforce the Information Systems Team at our Head Quarters in Biel/Bienne, we are currently searching for a
Data Engineer 100% (F/M)
Your role is to design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements. In additional to this role, you will be responsible to manage the lifecycle of the assigned applications inclusive of release upgrades, technological survey on new and modern tools and users support.
Main tasks will include:
- Design and build robust data pipelines and solutions that support important business processes.
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of next generation data engineering solutions
- Provide engineering guidance and leadership on how problems can be solved efficiently and communicating proactively on progress and best practice.
- Ensure solutions are developed using state of the art technology and methodology.
- Support and Implement best practice, especially in Python, git and CI/CD.
- Design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements.
- Work in collaboration with data analyst to develop new data models that best capture the value of our data.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned Data's projects.
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
- Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency.
- Power BI development and administration.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence
In this position, your hands-on mentality, attention to details and strong problem solving skills will be called upon. You have good interpersonal skills, are persuasive and resilient. You bring strong communication skills as well as pronounced analytical, technical and planning skills. Customer, service and solution oriented, you are used to work in fast moving, international environments and deal well with priorities and tight deadlines.
You bring a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and possess 3-4 years' work experience in similar fields, as well as a background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- Experience on Google Cloud Platform (especially BigQuery)
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python
- Dbt for transformation
- More than 3 years of experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL as well as in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- 3 to 4 years of experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI
- In-depth understanding of database management System, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity in SQL and proven experience as a BI Developer
- IT functional and technical experience in one or more of the following applications like Cegid, TXT, Software AG, .NET etc. is a plus
In addition, you are fluent in English and French, every additional language such as German or Italian is an asset. Furthermore, you are in possession of a valid Swiss work permit.
Nicolas G. Hayek Strasse 1
If you recognize yourself in this description, thank you for sending your CV and all required documents in English!