The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation. HD operates in more than 40 countries and more than 300 collaborators. HD is currently looking for an:
Accounting Associate at 100%
Based in Geneva and reporting to the Senior Accounting Officer, the Accounting Associate will provide accounting support by processing consultants’ invoices, mission and credit cards expenses, and supporting the team on project, statutory audits and closing tasks.
The Accounting Associate will have the following responsibilities:
• Review and process consultant and supplier invoices;
• Prepare and book payments to suppliers;
• Review and process mission expenses and their compliance with travel policy and completeness of supporting documentation;
• Follow-up on validation and signatures;
• Follow-up on vendor open balances;
• Perform month-end reconciliations;
• Calculation and allocation of prepaid insurances;
• Prepare and book journal entries upon supervisor’s request;
• File and scan accounting documentation.
• Provide support with audit preparation (project and global audits);
• Assistance with the preparation of Accounting manual and procedures.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
• Experience of Accounts payable accounting required;
• Strong Excel skills and IT savvy; ERP knowledge required, Microsoft Dynamics NAV would be considered a plus;
• Excellent attention to details and very good organisation skills;
• Committed to task completion and deadlines;
• Ability to work independently but also a team player;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English & French;
• Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
• Experience in working in an NGO is a plus.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) by March 31st 2021. Please indicate Accounting Associate in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment. For more information, please visit: www.hdcentre.org.