Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-based global biopharmaceutical group of five companies active in the development and manufacture of drugs and diagnostics tools. Debiopharm focuses on developing prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The group in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Translational Medicine department based in Lausanne we are looking for a:
Scientific Fellow, Microbiology
Are you interested developing your experience and expertise in standard drug development while working with cross functional teams? At Debiopharm, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation while being coached by a team of experts. Join our Translational Medicine team and act as a key partner to actively support the team in anti-infective development projects.
Your main responsibilities
- Contribute to the design of experimental plan for microbiology studies for current and upcoming innovation projects in anti-infectives medicine;
- Supervise, perform and implement the required microbiology assays at Tlab or in identified CROs;
- Analyse and report the results to management (lines managers, innovation committee).
- PhD in Microbiology and/or Molecular Biology;
- Laboratory experience in in-vitro microbiology and assay implementation;
- Previous experience in testing antibacterial activities is an asset;
- Previous experience with intracellular bacteria, biofilms or combination studies is an asset;
- Knowledge of Standard Ms Office tools and GraphPad;
- Excellent English knowledge (spoken and written), French knowledge is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent team player.
Become part of our team, gain hands-on experience and insight into the pharmaceutical industry by joining our traineeship program. We will give you the opportunity to « put your foot in the stirrup » and offer you:
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry;
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.