The successful candidate will be an experienced leader in a highly matrixed organization with an ability to operate worldwide.
Senior Production Engineer
You are a subject matter expert in production related projects, such as shop floor layout design, determination of production concepts, product transfers, production site extensions, and green/brown field projects. You bring a framework for such projects, drive analysis, build the business case, and assist project execution.
You are able to drive the optimal shop floor layout concepts based on product mix, volume and business models:
- Understand what drivers are key for an optimal concept selection
- Able to play a leadership role, and coach the teams towards the targeted shop floor layout.
- Ensure milestones, check lists, roles and responsibilities
- Ensure adoption of the framework through coaching, training, and workshops as needed
- Assist projects execution as needed and stay on top of best practices.
- Formalize scope, deliverables and CSF (critical success factors) with stakeholders and project team members.
- Determine relevant project inputs, dependencies, as well as constraints.
- Determine concept selection criteria and formalize possible scenarios
- Drive the evaluation based on the defined framework
- Validate recommendation and risks with the team in order to obtain approval to initiate the project execution.
Required skills and experience
- Development and validation of business cases in the field of production transfers, production site development, right-sizing; multi-criteria and multi-scenario analysis
- High-mix, low volume and mechatronic industry expertise
- Shop floor and operational experience are strongly desired.
- Bachelor of science, or Master level in a technical or financial field or equivalent
- Financially literate (product cost, organizational costs, capex/opex)
- Combination of professional experience and certifications (PMP/PMI, finance, lean)
- Strong result orientation, analytical, synthetic spirit and initiative taking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with project teams
- Ability to travel (worldwide), 15-25% time; can be higher depending on project phases
- English: fluent, spoken/written. French: strongly desired, spoken/written.
Do you see yourself as our future experienced Senior Production Engineer and you enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment? If so, we would be pleased to receive your application.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.