QUALITY METROLOGY ENGINEER
ETEL, worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of high performance motion control components and high-end mechatronic motion systems based in Môtiers, Switzerland. We currently call upon a growing diversity of skills to take part in the exciting adventure of our international activity. Contribute to our growth!
Quality metrology engineer
We are looking for
- A rigorous and organized person, with excellent troubleshooting skills and logic thinking.
- A team player with a high level of autonomy with very strong organizational and communication skills.
We offer you
- A challenging position in an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment.
- Competitive compensation and great working conditions in a modern and innovative high-tech company.
- A long-term commitment and the opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
- Participation in the product development process with Detailed Design Reviews (DDR).
- Identify metrology problem and propose solution in order to solve them by using the tools of Quality.
- Assist in supplier quality issues and audits. Implement corrective and preventive action projects for calibration and measurement issues
- Sustain ISO 1101 (Geometrical product specification (GPS) standards).
- Ensure that our suppliers and ETEL S.A.’s incoming inspection are aligned on measurement methods and “close the gap” on the differences in measurement results.
- Organize and lead meetings with necessary department on metrology issues.
- Ensure that the measurements performed at the incoming and outgoing inspections are pertinent and efficient and provide technical consultation to this team for measurement problems.
- Prepare and maintain calibration procedures.
- Perform on-going product testing and evaluations to ensure that our suppliers are meeting rigorous functional, dimensional and cosmetic requirements.
- Perform training and maintain competency within the Incoming Inspection team.
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed and if necessary introduce new safety processes.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in mechanical, materials, aeronautical or electronics engineering.
- Knowledge and programming of CMM, OMM, surface roughness, 3D scanners and microscopes.
- Minimum three years in Quality Management experience focusing particularly in mechanical components, machining (Milling/turning), fabrication (Sheet metal Fabrication) and welding (Welding / EBW - Orbital / Brazing) technologies.
- Strong knowledge in metal processing and related technologies in production environments.
- Good command of the following is required: Problem-solving processes, FMEA, the seven tools of Quality (Fishbone, Control chart, Histogram, Pareto chart and Scatter diagram).
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.
Do you want to take up this challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application! Please complete the online form, following the link: Apply here!