Project Coordinator of the Target Initiatives Genders, Diversities and Inclusion, and Sustainability27 April | Temporary | 50%
Project Coordinator 50%
PERIOD OF CONTRACT: Starts on 1 September 2021, for 1 year and then renewable for 3 years.
ACTIVITY RATE: 50 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 15-05-2021
General description of the position
The successful applicant will be responsible to coordinate the work of two Target Initiatives - Genders, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion as well as Sustainability - and support them in their work and the implementation of their missions, develop and ensure communication. The person will work in the Office of the Director under the supervision of the Director of Cabinet and in close relationship with the Public Relations Officer.
Mission and activities
- Ensure development and implementation of the initiatives’ strategic plans, including objectives/indicators ;
- Provide technical and administrative coordination of the initiatives ;
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders, so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent ;
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of the outputs, as well as timely preparation of reports and documents;
- Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant projects and programmes for mutually reinforcing impact ;
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, programmes and projects;
- Support the Director in fulfilling her responsibilities in the effective promotion and implementation of a gender and geographic representation through continuous and systematic gender mainstreaming processes ;
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. annual report, communications, website articles, etc.
- Support outreach activities, organise events and awareness campaigns ;
- Establish and maintain collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the Graduate Institute ;
- Take the lead to develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects to enable a more inclusive and diverse work environment; identify priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and initiate follow-up actions.
Having obtained a Ph.D. in anthropology/sociology, law, public policy, international relations/political science, or other relevant field (or expected by mid-May 2021) within the last two years.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender, diversity and ensuring the equal participation in all areas of work.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Leads team effectively and shows mentoring, as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Highly organised and capable of working independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and French.
- Writing skills, with analytical capacity for the preparation of quality project reports.
- Experience with website development, social media, as well as convening in-person and/or online events, is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and ability to work with a wide spectrum of people.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Experience in project management.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management in a development context.
- Good understanding of the current gender/sustainability context.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website: graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.