ELECTRONICS SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
ETEL, worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of high performance motion control components and high-end mechatronic motion systems based in Môtiers, Switzerland. We currently call upon a growing diversity of skills to take part in the exciting adventure of our international activity. Contribute to our growth!
Eletronics supplier development engineer
We are looking for
An organized, structured and cross-functional / cultural team player person with very good negotiation and communication skills. Someone curious and technology driven, autonomous and proactive.
We offer you
- A challenging position in an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment.
- Competitive compensation and great working conditions in a modern and innovative high-tech company.
- A long-term commitment and the opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
- Lead the sourcing process in the product qualification phase.
- Actively support the internal reviews, highlighting technical and process difficulties.
- Understand the cost drivers and propose alternative solutions.
- Interact with R&D and MT to find a supplier process, which meets product and industrialization requirements.
- Drive the review with supplier (PCB assembly, AOI, ICT, integration and the associated tooling).
- Validate supplier manufacturing test plan (ICT, integration, tests, etc.) and define the control level internally and at the supplier site.
- Define the purchasing specification and requirement for the outsourcing.
- Establish with the suppliers an interaction able to guarantee a competitive and long-term relationship.
- Act proactively with the other departments, having always a clear overview of the milestones of a project.
- Perform supplier audits.
- Support ETEL S.A. on a daily basis on purchased components and supplier quality concerns.
- Search for more robust and reliable technical and technological solutions.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronic engineering.
- University degree or equivalentin electronics manufacturing field.
- Very good knowledge of electronics production and test technologies (PCB assembly, AOI, ICT, integration and the associated tooling).
- Knowledge in design to cost.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and propose practical and cost effective solution (e.g. managing obsolescence, defects on sub-contracted parts, etc.).
- Fluency in French and English both verbally and written, German is a plus.
Do you want to take up this challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application! Please complete the online form, following the link: Apply here