FIND(the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics), an international non-for-profit organization in Geneva, Switzerland, dedicated to R&D activities to expand and accelerate access to new diagnostics technologies, and to build global diagnostics testing capacity for poverty-related infectious diseases in low and middle income countries.
Reporting to the Director of Operations with dotted line to the Finance Director, and working closely with the Senior Programme Manager for FIND’s Covid-19 programme, the Senior Grant Manager will be responsible for project and financial management for all new grants related to Covid-19.
Duties for the Senior Grant Manager will be those needed for overall management of FIND’s Covid-19 specific grants. This includes, but is not limited to: documenting payments and expenditure; optimizing the grant administration process; preparing progress reports in collaboration with the technical team;, ensuring compliance with grant requirements; reviewing grant proposals; managing grant information sheets; educating staff on policies; and preparing financial reports. You will work as part of a dynamic team in a rapidly expanding proramme, and your grant management skills will support FIND in achieving its COVID-19 goals by executing meaningful projects.
This a maternity leave replacement with a 5-month contract.
- Point person for all information on Covid-19 dedicated grants, including terms and conditions, restrictions, compliance requirements, content, deliverables, budgets, reporting requirements etc., both internally and with the donor Expect multiple donors
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior or Principle PM to ensure alignment of programmed activities with budgets and spend; to integrate and harmonize reporting to donor so that technical narrative correlates to spend and financial narrative; and to effectively identify and manage programme risks
- Focal point for all financial matters for all of the COVID grants and ensure compliance with the donor and organizational requirements
- Responsible for overall grant administration and implementation in accordance with the grant agreement and organizational policies and processes
- Manage financial and budget plans including, budget creation, tracking and record-keeping
- Prepare accurate budgets and forecasts, allocation plans, and submit disbursement requests to donor
- Provide support for external site/partner due diligence process, including assessment of financial and operational risks, capacity and adherence to financial policies and procedures
- Monitor external partner budgets, effectively communicate with external partners on financial and contractual issues, including liaising with auditors.
- Work with Finance team to ensure internal controls are complied with and suggest improvements as appropriate
- Work with the Project Management Unit to manage timelines, deliverables, and record-keeping
- Maintain high-level overview of project timelines, keep track of grant deliverables and reporting deadlines
- Coordinate preparation and submission of progress reports in compliance with donor requirements
- Oversee preparation and maintain overview of contracts with external parties
- Lead regular project management meetings for implementation of Covid-19 programme
- Contribute to continuous improvement in grant management practices in the organization
- Desired qualifications and experience
- Master in Economics and Business Management or Chartered accountancy (ACA)
- 7 years’ experience in grant management and financial reporting at a non-profit or international organization in global health an advantage
- Strong project management skills and organizational capabilities
- Methodical and strategic thinking
- Good knowledge of auditing practices
- Advanced Excel and strong interest in IT; tools such as Jedox, Tableau and MS Project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to details
- Team player, comfortable working in a multicultural environment
- Fluent written and spoken English, French an advantage
Please send your application to Click to send email by 16 May 2022 The application must include:
o - a complete curriculum vitae
o - a motivation letter