The World Council of Churches (WCC) is an ecumenical fellowship of churches founded in 1948. It brings together 350 member churches from all over the world, including Orthodox churches, Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran and Reformed denominations, to promote Christian unity in faith, witness and service for a just and peaceful world.
The headquarters of the WCC is at the Ecumenical Centre, Grand-Saconnex, a unique space for its member churches, and from which is coordinated the programmes and activities conducted together with the member churches and ecumenical partners.
At its site in Grand-Saconnex, working together with its developer, the WCC has launched a significant real estate project, named Green Village. The development aims to be the first in Geneva applying One Planet Living principles, and includes six new buildings set in a park, grouped around the Ecumenical Centre, a classified building, which is to be renovated. The development will take place in several phases. Following the adoption of the area development plan in 2017, and approval of three building permits in 2018, one year of construction work is now completed.
Assistant to the project manager at 100%
The WCC is looking for an Assistant to the project manager at 100% who will work with the team to define project requirements for a new office building for WCC; and who will lead and implement preparatory work, with both staff teams and tenants. The position will be based at the Ecumenical Centre, Grand-Saconnex, and will report to the IT and Facility Services Manager.
Fluent in English and French, the project management assistant will hold a recognised qualification in facility management, project management, or business management, and will be able to demonstrate relevant experience. Working closely with the ITFS Manager and the Finance Director, and with the developer’s team, the successful candidate will have:
- Maintaining project task logs; organisation and participation in project meetings, keeping notes and maintaining project documentation.
- A lead role in preparing for removal in 2023.
- Participating, with external experts, in design of office layouts and fit-out for three-year swing space, and in design of a future office building.
- Providing general support in project work, including monitoring of project issues; preparing studies and reports, in cooperation with the manager.
Qualifications and special requirements
- At least four years related experience
- Recognised qualification in project management, business management or facility management with focus on construction or real estate development
- Working knowledge of building systems and structure
- Facility management, including space management
- Project management and Risk management
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to correspond in French and English.
- Ability to manage computerised accounting systems and to work with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word; knowledge of architectural software, including BIM, would be an advantage
Deadline for applications: 20 June 2021
Apply for this position by clicking on the following link:
Other relevant information:
More information about the Green Village development: https://green-village.ch/
The WCC’s annual Financial report 2020 can be consulted at: https://www.oikoumene.org/resources/documents/wcc-financial-report-2020
About human resources at the WCC: The WCC is an equal opportunity employer. The sole criteria for recruitment, training and career opportunities are qualification, skills, experience and performance to all its staff members.
World Council of Churches
Route de Ferney 150
1218 Le Grand-Saconnex