FIND, seeks to ensure equitable access to reliable diagnosis around the world. We connect countries and communities, funders, decisionmakers, healthcare providers and developers to spur diagnostic innovation and make testing an integral part of sustainable, resilient health systems.
The Biobank Coordinator (BCO), reporting to the Deputy Head of Biobanking (DHB), is responsible for daily activities related to the FIND Specimen bank. This includes the oversight of activities of the collection sites, the management of the sample distribution process from request to delivery of samples, in alignment with FIND’s strategic vision of a network-based biobanking model to support diagnostic R&D and surveillance in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Your responsibilities/Job description:
- Support the DHB to coordinate the FIND Integrated Biobanks (FIB) operations, with regards to specimen collections, procurement of equipment, specimen distributions, framework, and other contractual agreements.
- Coordinate the Virtual Biobank Directory (VBD) operations:
1) Liaise with biobanks to ensure registration and data are valid and up to date
2) Facilitate VBD users when possible, to acquire information on specimen collections and related queries
3) Contribute to continuous improvement of the VBD platform according to arising needs.
- Manage the Material Request pipeline from Material Request Form (MRF) submission to the point of return of results from the requestor, using the dedicated software and communication methods (follow up with requestors on bespoke specimen selection, follow request approvals with the Specimen Bank Review Committee (SBRC), liaise with FIND legal on obtaining signatures, select specimens using the biobank platform and liaise with the biobank data scientist when applicable, keep track of orders and distribution of specimens).
- Follow up with sites conducting specimen collection studies for the FIND Specimen Bank:
1) ensuring adherence to protocols and deadlines for recruitment targets
2) organising shipments to central biorepository, liaising both with the site and the biorepository.
- Train partner sites and FIND internal employees on FIND Specimen Bank processes, best practices, and biobank software tools.
- Be responsible for the creation and dissemination of reports for the FIND Specimen Bank related activities using the biobank platform and corresponding reporting, business intelligence tools.
- Create and implement quality assurance plans for the collections hosted in FIND Specimen Bank and FIB sites, in collaboration with the DHB and Data Science team.
- University degree (ideally a master’s degree) in Biobank Management, Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in biobank operation management, with proven experience on biobank data management.
- Understanding of technical development of diagnostics and how biobanks can support it.
- Experience with sponsored clinical trials and studies especially in LMICs.
- Experience with LIMS software (Open Specimen a plus) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Salesforce) and understanding of data science principles, to enhance biobank data flow and processes. Experience with programming languages (R, json) highly desirable.
- Excellent scientific and technical writing skills in English, additional languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese) an asset.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; capable to set and adapt to priorities.
- Able to work well in teams of multi-cultural backgrounds, effective communication.
- Disruptive creativity, ability to independently propose and drive innovative concepts.
- Capable to work collaboratively without close supervision, as well as to work under pressure and meet tight timelines on a result-oriented basis.
- Interest and understanding of ethical and legal aspects of biobank.
Please send your application to Click to send email by 30th June 2021. The application must include:
- a complete curriculum vitae
- a motivation letter
Profil minimum requis
- master’s degree in Biobank Management, Biology, Microbiology
- 2 years’ experience in biobank operation management, with proven experience on biobank data management
- English fluent
FIND - Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics