The World Council of Churches (WCC) is an ecumenical fellowship of churches founded in 1948. It brings together 350 member churches from all over the world, including Orthodox churches, Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran and Reformed denominations, to promote Christian unity in faith, witness and service for a just and peaceful world.
The headquarters of the WCC is at the Ecumenical Centre, Grand-Saconnex, a unique space for its member churches, and from which is coordinated the programmes and activities conducted together with the member churches and ecumenical partners.
The WCC is looking for a Linux System Engineer at 100% who will work with the IT team to maintain a scalable and cost effective IT infrastructure. The position will be based at the Ecumenical Centre, Grand-Saconnex, and will report to the IT and Facility Services (ITFS) Manager.
Linux System Engineer at 100%
Fluent in English and French, the Linux system engineer will hold a recognised qualification in engineering, science, or technology, and will be able to demonstrate relevant experience. Working closely with the ITFS Manager and the Windows system engineer, the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Managing and developing the IT infrastructure, in collaboration with the Windows system engineer.
- Managing IT projects under the supervision of the ITFS manager.
- Managing network, data and equipment security and integrity.
- Providing technical support for both technical and regular users.
Qualifications and special requirements:
- At least four years related experience.
- Recognised qualification in engineering, science, or technology.
- Interest in overall IT management.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, being flexible and multitasker.
- Willingness to be an on-call resource during emergencies, able to perform maintenance duties during off-hour maintenance windows.
- Knowledge of privacy protection laws and regulations, nLPD an asset.
- Ability to correspond in French and English.
- Administration of CentOS and Debian Linux servers in an Active Directory environment:
* Webhosting LAMP, Plone.
* DNS and BIND views.
* Ansible knowledge an asset.
- Administration of VMWare infrastructure, SAN architecture and Veeam backups.
- Networking : Cisco switches, DHCP, VLAN.
- Security: firewall management, encryption, antispam, antivirus.
- Scripting: bash, Perl, Python.
- Monitoring :Nagios, Icinga.
- Windows Server knowledge an asset.
Deadline for applications: 15 August 2021
About human resources at the WCC:
The WCC is an equal opportunity employer. The sole criteria for recruitment, training and career opportunities are qualification, skills, experience and performance to all its staff members.