Professionalizing Activities Coordinator FOR THE GENEVA ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS14 October | Temporary | 80 – 100%
Professionalizing Activities Coordinator
The Geneva Academy provides postgraduate education, conducts academic legal research and policy studies, organizes training courses and expert meetings. We concentrate on branches of international law that relate to situations of armed conflict, protracted violence and protection of human rights. We currently offer three master programmes as follows:
• The LLM in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LLM)
• The Master of Advanced Studies in Transitional Justice, Human Rights and the Rule of Law (MTJ)
• The Executive Master in International Law in Armed Conflict (ExMas)
As team member of the Student Office, the Geneva Academy is currently seeking a Professionalizing Activities Coordinator at 80 %, with excellent networking skills. Applicants must demonstrate a strong understanding of the International Geneva and be familiar with administrative work. A prior career advising experience, including development of career workshops for students and one-on-one career counselling is an asset.
PERIOD OF CONTRACT
ONE YEAR CONTRACT (POTENTIALLY RENEWABLE).
80% OF WORK ACTIVITY (32 HOURS PER WEEK)
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
31 OCTOBER 2021
As Professionalizing Activities Coordinator, you will be in charge of:
• Coordinating internships for our master programmes
• Conducting career workshops and individual counselling for students
• Developing our alumni community
• Supporting the Management of Education Programme
• Master degree in a job-related field
• An excellent command of English, French is an asset
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Familiar with the International Geneva including IOs, NGOs, UN agencies and diplomatic missions
• Ability to coordinate, plan and organize
• Proven experience in advising and counselling students is an asset
• Good knowledge of computer based tools
• Proactive and autonomous outlook
• Good time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website:
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.
If you are insterestd in the position, please apply here: erecruiting
Institut de Hautes Etudes Internationales et du Développement
CP 1672, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2
1211 Genève 21