Student Office Assistant
CONTRACT DURATION: FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
ACTIVITY RATE: 100%
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 02-12-2021
Description of the position:
The Geneva Academy provides postgraduate education, conducts academic legal research and policy studies, organizes training courses and expert meetings. We concentrate on branches of international law that relate to situations of armed conflict, protracted violence and protection of human rights. We currently offer three master programmes as follows:
- The LLM in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LLM)
- The Master of Advanced Studies in Transitional Justice, Human Rights and the Rule of Law (MTJ)
- The Executive Master in International Law in Armed Conflict (ExMas)
As team member of the Student Office, the Geneva Academy is currently seeking a Student Office Assistant at 100 %. Candidates must have an excellent command of English and French, proven capacity to work with office tools, good organizational skills, the ability to multitask and work autonomously.
Candidates that possess a bachelor degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in programme administration and education can submit their application (1) motivation letter, (2) CV (3) diploma until 2nd December 2021.
Mission, role and activities:
As Student Office Assistant, you will have to:
- Assume the daily administrative functioning of the student office
- Provide guidance to current and prospective students
- Administer the admission process and the registration of students
- Provide support in the organisation of the academic curriculum
- Help in the organisation of events
- Assist the Education Programme Manager and the masters team
- Ensure reception in the headquarters
- Bachelor degree
- Administrative experience in the academic sector
- Excellent command of English and French
- Mastery of desktop tools
- Familiar with the International Geneva including IOs, NGOs, UN agencies and diplomatic missions
- Ability to coordinate and organize
- Proactive and autonomous outlook
- Good time management skills
- Multitasking approach and flexibility
- Rigor and precision
- Team spirit
Documents should be saved in PDF format and labeled as follows:
LASTNAME_FirstName_CV / LM, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website: graduateinstitute.ch
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: erecruiting
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.
Institut de Hautes Etudes Internationales et du Développement
CP 1672, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2
1211 Genève 21