Executive Office Project Coordinator
Role & Responsibilities
Provide support to the CEO and assist the IBOT Chairman to prepare documentation and implement projects to support the requirements of the IBOT and to support strategic initiatives/projects for the organisation; lead and be responsible for certain day-to-day legal and compliance requirements of the organisation and provide paralegal support the Executive Office and Legal Director; and provide support with innovation and the Core Humanitarian Standard.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our GSO and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Medair’s Executive Office is responsible for the oversight of strategic organisational functions such as legal matters, internal audits, risk management, compliance, governance, and innovation. This office works closely with all departments in the Global Support Office (GSO) in Lausanne, the International Board of Trustees (IBOT), as well as with key roles in the country programmes and affiliate offices, ensuring that adequate systems, structures, and capacity are available and exist across the organisation to decide and deliver on strategic functions and that appropriate support is provided to the IBOT.
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland, with up to 4 weeks per year travel. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
December 2021. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Governance and IBOT support
- Support the CEO and Chairman of the IBOT in preparing and finalising documentation, progressing initiatives and monitoring action plans for the IBOT; and planning and organising IBOT meetings and monitoring the implementation of agreed action plans.
- Support the CEO and Executive Office team with development, communication, execution, coordination and reporting of the Medair global strategy, initiatives and KPIs.
- Provide coordination support to the CEO with developing and leading the implementation of additional strategic initiatives for the organisation.
Data Protection and Compliance
- Act as Data Protection Officer for Medair; identify and reduce DP risks, ensure Medair abides by applicable data protection laws and requirements as well as the Medair Data Protection Policy and Guideline and related tools.
- Build up and lead a community of Data Stewards who lead DP in entities.
- Revise, conduct, analyse and present findings from Medair’s Employee Values Survey (EVS), People in Need Survey, Institutional Donor Survey, and Private Supporter Values Survey.
- Support the Living Our Values Everyday (L.O.V.E.) Working Group in tracking the EVS action plans.
Medair Ethics & Values
- Update Medair Ethics policies, guidance documents and training.
- Strengthen understanding of and adherence to Medair values and ethical commitments.
- Assist and support the Legal Director to maintain relevant official documentation necessary for Medair’s governance structure and provide ad-hoc support to the Legal Director (including addressing matters arising from anti-terrorism screening).
Support to the Process Excellence Manager
- Support the promotion of incremental and radical innovation in Medair.
- Strengthen Medair alignment to the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Assist with coordinating Medair participation in CHS audits and action plan.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business Administration education and/or background is an advantage.
- Legal education and/or background is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English. French desirable.
- Minimum five years of professional experience, with international exposure.
- Experience in Director/CEO/Governance support functions.
- Experience working in a development or humanitarian organisation is a bonus.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to define, analyse and solve problems individually and with others.
- Ability to summarise, consolidate and communicate complicated issues in a simple way.
- Ability to inspire and lead and coach individuals and teams to achieve goals on schedule.
- Tactful, high-level communication, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded, flexible, self-starter, creative, innovative and lifelong learner.
- Inspired by and in full agreement with Medair’s Christian values and ethos.
- Ability to lead or work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed