Debiopharm is an independent biopharmaceutical company based in Switzerland with an ongoing commitment to research in oncology and bacterial infections in order to improving patient outcomes and quality of life. Our main activities include drug development, drug manufacturing and digital health investment. Debiopharm International SA aims to develop innovative therapies that target high unmet medical needs. Bridging the gap between disruptive discovery products and real-world patient reach, we identify high-potential compounds for in-licensing, clinically demonstrate their safety and efficacy and then select large pharmaceutical commercialization partners to maximize patient access globally.
For our Translational Medicine Laboratory based at our Headquarters in Lausanne until end of 2022, and transferred to our Martigny Site (Valais), we are looking for a
Bioresearch Laboratory Technician
The primary mission will be to ensure the continuity of laboratory activities in the area of cell biology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunoassaysand any other biochemical activitiesin order to actively support translational pre-clinical and clinical studies in support of all Translational Medicine services.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Actively support pre-clinical and clinical studies for all Translational Medicine activities
- Conduct standard molecular biology experiments (nucleic acids preparation, PCR, sequencing, etc.)
- Routinely handle primary and stable cell lines, conduct standard cell biology experiments (e.g. cytotoxicity)
- Perform biochemical assays (e.g. Western blot, ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry)
- Conduct standard microbiology experiments (e.g. bacterial culture, MIC, biofilms, etc.)
- Work with potential biohazard tissue, e.g. use clinical samples as source for nucleic acids and protein isolation and characterization
- Participate in the development of novel assays and evaluation and implementation of novel laboratory technologies
- Accurately plan and execute experiments, document work in electronic laboratory notebook, reports drafting, completion and filing
- Pro-actively contribute to laboratory organization and maintenance, ensuring optimal laboratory workflow
- Manage biosafety within laboratories
- Participate to the quality management system in the laboratory (review and write Standard Operating Procedures/Operational Instructions, maintain data traceability)
- Apply the Health, Safety and Environment policies in place
- At least 5 years experience as Biology Laboratory Technician in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Previous experience in molecular biology (DNA/RNA preparation, PCR, sequencing), cellular biology, immunoassays and biochemistry mandatory
- Strong knowledge of GCP
- Previous experience in writing protocols, routine reports and keep accurate records of the work done
- Previous experience in microbiology (bacterial culture, antibiotics screening) would be beneficial
- Knowledge in validation/qualification of protocols would be beneficial
- Biosafety level 2 certification strongly preferred
- Flexible, extraordinary attention to detail, ability to plan and execute high quality experimental work in a team or independently
- Fluency in French (C1) with at least B1-B2 English level (both oral and written)
Debiopharm can offer you
- An international and highly dynamic environment, with a long term vision.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry and be exposed to many areas within clinical development and the pharmaceutical industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
The use of external staffing agencies or recruiters requires prior approval from our Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department at Debiopharm requests external staffing agencies or recruiters not to contact Debiopharm employees or members of the Board of Directors directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the external staffing agency or recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Debiopharm.
Debiopharm will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions.