Administrator for the Network for International Policies and Cooperation in Education and Training “NORRAG24 November | Temporary | 80 – 100%
NORRAG is a global membership-based network of international policies andcooperation in education and training Since 1976, NORRAG’s core mandate andstrength is to produce, disseminate and broker critical knowledge and to build capacityfor and with those in academia, governments, NGOs, international organizations,foundations and the private sector who inform and shape education policies andpractice, at national and international levels. By so doing, NORRAG contributes tocreating the conditions for more participatory, evidence-informed decisions thatimprove equal access to quality education and training. NORRAG is an associateprogramme of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva.
Under the leadership of NORRAG’s Executive Director, this post serves as the guarantor of administrative and financial processes; the efficient management of resources, both financial and material; and the effective management of human resources and budgeting for the center. Key tasks for the postholder are to provide an optimal administrative support to the director of the Centre in the day-to- day management of the Centre and to organize, coordinate and manage the entire administrative activities of the center under the supervision of the director of the Centre
Mission and activities
1. To organize, coordinate and manage the administrative activities under the supervision of the Executive Director
- Coordinating day-to-day activities of the Centre
- Liaising closely with the Executive Director, filter up priority information as appropriate
- Preparing all materials and coordinating the meetings of the Centre
- Drafting the budgets for research project and other funding proposals, correspondence and any other documents linked to the activities of the Centre.
- Organizing the logistics of conferences, meetings, workshops, travels and other events of the Centre (including room reservations, hotel, travel expenses).
- Filing CVs received, and responding to letters/emails concerning information
- Coordinating evaluations for interns and staff
- Maintaining good functioning of the offices and ensuring the availability and rational use of all office supplies and ordering and refurbishing these in timely fashion
- Assisting with allocation of office space and equipment: notification of staff movements.
- Ensuring regular distribution of mail parcels, couriers.
- Maintaining and suggesting improvements for internal procedures (with ExecutiveDirector,IHEID Finance,HR andAdmin)
- Maintainingacalendarofdeadlinesandrequirements for Finance and HR, including invoicing, contract renewals, reporting to funders, etc
- Representing when appropriate the Executive Director in the relations between the Centre and the HEID administration, as well as external partners on Admin, HR and Finance matters
2. Finances and Accounting
- Preparing the annual budget with the support of the Executive Director
- Following up budget according to expenses, cash flow
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual spend relative to the budget.
- Day-to-day accounting operations (payments and invoices to our partners and consultants).
- Organising and maintaining files.
- Financial administration of research and mandated projects.
- Managing the balance of payments and accounting book, including providing reports on expenditures to the Director.
- Tracking financial contributions and income related to mandated projects, including preparing financial reports for donors and maintaining a calendar of reporting deadlines and requirements and providing regular reports on income and contributions.
3. Human Resources and Staff Matters
- Acting as the contact point between the Centre staff and Human Resources
- department of the Graduate Institute :
- Providing assistance and advice to the Executive Director on the good functioning of the Centre.
- Maintaining staff contracts and personnel files, including salaries, work
- permits, vacations and leave, medical (or other) leave, and other human
- resource and personnel matters.
- Support with travel and per diem payments.
- Draft contracts (with support from relevant IHEID department) for consultants, partner institutions, donors, suppliers, projects, etc. and follow up as appropriate
- Provide assistance to the team and researchers with HR requests
- Support the Executive Director to manage recruitment administrative tasks (advertising, communicating with candidates, etc.)
- Manage travel arrangements and travel insurance for staff, consultants, advisors and guests.
- University degree (Master's level)
- At least five years of professional experience in administration management and budget preparation
- French-English bilingual writing
- Taste for multitasking and administration
- Financial management, budgeting and forecasting
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage own workload
- Analysis and synthesis
- Planning, organization, control
- Ability to supervise
- Personal organization, sense of anticipation and priorities
- Autonomy - Sense of service and openness
- Negotiation skills and diplomacy
- Emotional intelligence (self-control, self-esteem and self-confidence)
- Knowledge of academic world and education studies is a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website: graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered
Institut de Hautes Etudes Internationales et du Développement