Director of Sales - Hotels 5 stars - Geneva
Publication date:13 March 2023
You will have to develop and implement marketing and sales strategies for our 5 stars hotel in Geneva to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
You will develop your team to drive performance, handle and ensure meaningful relationships with the hotels’ key accounts.
Director of Sales - Hotels 5 stars - Geneva
- Develops account management and set-up relevant account platforms.
- Achieves budgeted revenus and personal/team sales goals. Maximizes profitability.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and monitors annual budget and forecasts.
- Assists the Cluster Director Of Sales & Marketing on the daily tasks and presentations.
- Creates and implements sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume.
- Reviews monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinates activities to increase revenue and market share and monitors performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed the established revenue plan.
- Creates and develops special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotels to potential clients. Attends trade shows and major market events locally and internationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotels.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: corporate, airlines, wholesalers, agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Schedules conventions and/or business group activities at the hotels and coordinates with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales office and prospective clients.
- Communicates to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other important guests.
- Identifies operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and works on solutions with the appropriate departments.
- Develops awareness and reputation of the hotels and the brands in the local community.
- Works closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotels.
- Effectively communicates and markets aspects of the hotels that are sustainable or “green” to gain new business opportunities.
- Directs day-to-day sales activities, plans and assigns work, and establishes performance and development goals for team members.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, develops his/her team, and recognizes good performance.
- Trains and motivates sales teams to achieve hotel revenue goals.
- Supervises his/her service’s staff (administration, payroll, work time, planning).
- Works with the HR Department to manage his/her teams: recruitment, integration, performance evaluation, supervision, training and potential disciplinary sanctions when necessary.
- Ensures compliance of his/her team with internal regulations in terms of grooming and dress code: state of uniforms, hygiene, presentation, attitude and behavior.
- Leads the end of year reviews and check-ins for his/her team.
- Is responsible for his/her team’s well-being at work.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the other departments.
- Conveys the right values and the good behaviors in his/her service as well as towards his/her colleagues and his/her hierarchy.
- Informs the Management Team of any incident or problem that occurs during work hours, particularly those he is not able to solve or whose importance justifies it, whether it concerns work-related issues or employee-related problems.
- Applies procedures and policies within the hotel and all new procedures according to the management orders and submits new propositions to the Management in order to improve the department efficiency.
- Applies the internal procedures in terms of health, hygiene and safety.
- Applies and enforces environmental good practices in his/her department, particularly as part of the Green Globe certification (waste sorting, black & white printing, paperless meeting, etc.).
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her manager.